cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Payment Method

Kayla D Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
1 of 15

I am new to Upwork, I was wondering how it works for getting paid? Do you give someone your personal bank information or they send a check or what are the procedures with this?

Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 15

No, definitely not. That's a surefire way to get your account flagged and suspended. You must get paid on the platform so that Upwork can take their fee. Start here

3 of 15

Do you mind explaining how the platform works?

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 15

The link that Melissa provided will tell you everything you need to know about how to get paid on the Upwork platform.

Read all the stickied posts here in the Freelancer community.  Read the Terms of Service.  Never begin work without a contract and never accept payment off the platform.  If someone offers to pay you via PayPal, don't do it.  If someone offers to send you a check to buy office supplies/equipment, don't do it.  If someone asks you for your personal information (address, bank name, social security number, driver's license or ID#) don't give them that information, ever.

5 of 15

Thank you! Do you get paid after you do the work? If so, How do you know you will get paid ?

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
6 of 15

Did you read the information Melissa provided?  It explains everything

7 of 15

I am new to Upwork, could someone help explain how you get paid to me, please?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 15

Mannn, you really need to read the help documentation for noobs. You're about to get curb stomped by a scammer.

You click the "Get Paid" button when it shows up. It's in the My Jobs page in the top-right corner when funds are available. 

To see when transactions will be available, click reports at the top of the page and choose the transaction report. It shows when the funds will be available. 

Highlighted
9 of 15

Thank you, why do you say I am about to get scammed? Also, How do I know that the client is legitimate and I will forsure get paid?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 15

Verified credit cards and escrow for flat rate jobs and time tracker for hourly projects.

For flat rate, they will send you an email to alert you that the card isn't verified yet even if it's funded but it also says "unverfified" under the Submit button in the My Jobs page. Verified and funded is a green light to do the work.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS