🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Getting Paid
Page options
31b59a3f
Community Member

Getting Paid

I have been trying to find the answer to how to get paid everywhere but your **Edited for community guidelines** system just glitches back to the homescreen. Cool. 

I am a legally disabled person under Ticket to Work. I will be reporting your theft from a poor disabled person if no one answers my questions.

And no, a general response will not suffice. I want a direct chat or phone call. It is possible if you aren't lazy.

8 REPLIES 8
the-right-writer
Community Member

Dawn B wrote

"I have been trying to find the answer to how to get paid everywhere but your **Edited for community guidelines** system just glitches back to the home screen. Cool. 

I am a legally disabled person under Ticket to Work. I will be reporting your theft from a poor disabled person if no one answers my questions.

And no, a general response will not suffice. I want a direct chat or phone call. It is possible if you aren't lazy."

A friend suggested I respond to your post. There are many people on Upwork who have disabilities, some quite severe. As one of those persons, and a long time writer using Upwork, I can assure you that your perceived difficulties have nothing to do with any disability. The ADA and other laws are to level the playing field for everyone - you don't get special service because you have a disability.

You have only been a member for three days. Go back and read through the policies for getting paid. If your browser isn't working, try another. Crying "theft" is absurd, it is the policy. Your disability has nothing to do with going through the payment process; you are treated just like everyone else. Having a disability doesn't entitle you to special accommodations that have nothing to do with a disability. You are not entitled to a unique service when the policy is clear on getting paid. I would suggest you spend time reading Upwork regulations and not on using your disability to avoid policies you don't like.

Dawn B wrote:
That's cute and uninformed. If you aren't an employee of Upwork and can't
fix the system, then blow. If you think that you are a wonderful person
because you've been here longer or you don't think my disability is what
you perceive, I don't care. I want a human from the system to make contact
and you are neither human not from the system.
Have a self-righteous day.

I am disabled. And I understand that navigating these systems can be more difficult and put more stress on you when you can't find an answer easily. People are here and willing to help. Try to take a deep breath and not jump to calling people "lazy" right from the get-go. There is a system Upwork uses to minimize how much live customer support they have to offer. However, they do have it, but usually you have to go through certain processes (the bot, or the community) first to see if your question can be answered. I'm flagging your post so a moderator can assist you. 

However, if your question is simply how to get paid and set up your banking info, the answer does lie within the support pages that were linked. I am severely disabled, and I understand what it's like dealing with different things and trying to use a system that has little to no human interaction, and how that impacts your ability to get things done. But no one is trying to steal from you; no one is being lazy. Try to take a deep breath and give people time to respond so they can help you. You will get the support you need.  Just give it some time to get through to the right people. 

petra_r
Community Member

Dawn B wrote:

I have been trying to find the answer to how to get paid everywhere but your **Edited for community guidelines** system just glitches back to the homescreen. Cool. 

And no, a general response will not suffice. I want a direct chat or phone call. It is possible if you aren't lazy.

Read before you rudely scream "theft" on a public forum.....

There is literally endless info available

Start with, and completely familiarize yourself with your Reports Home Page

Nobody is stealing from you, you are simply not taking the time to understand the tool (Upwork) you are using.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Dawn,

I'm sorry your questions haven't been answered yet. Could you please clarify your issue? Are you looking for information on how to check on the status of your payment or on how to access your available earnings and withdraw them from your Upwork account?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Dawn,

I'm sorry your questions haven't been answered yet. Could you please clarify your issue? Are you looking for information on how to check on the status of your payment or on how to access your available earnings and withdraw them from your Upwork account?

Valeria,

Dawn mentions her screen keeps glitching back to the home screen. I believe there were other reports of this malfunction that were moved to the Coffee Break sub. 

Amanda and Phyllis, 

Yes,  we are aware of the issue and we've been working on troubleshooting, collecting information about and resolving it. I've also flagged Dawn's report of this issue to the team and we'll make sure her concerns are addressed, if not here in the Community then via the support ticket we're sending to her.

All, I'd also like to note that a few posts on this thread have been removed or edited as they were against the Community Guidelines.

We expect Community members to keep communication on this board professional and refrain from making personal attacks. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Amanda and Phyllis, 

Yes,  we are aware of the issue and we've been working on troubleshooting, collecting information about and resolving it. I've also flagged Dawn's report of this issue to the team and we'll make sure her concerns are addressed, if not here in the Community then via the support ticket we're sending to her.

All, I'd also like to note that a few posts on this thread have been removed or edited as they were against the Community Guidelines.

We expect Community members to keep communication on this board professional and refrain from making personal attacks. 

Thanks, Valeria.

Valeria, that problem with the support category pages redirecting back to the main support page is still happening, I just tested it. (I was having trouble with it the other day, too, when others reported it.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members