🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting Paid
Page options
arpittoshi
Community Member

Getting Paid

Hi,

What is the way to reach UpWork support staff immediately, other than call or email, as I have tried that already!  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aprit,

Please keep in mind that all payments need to go through our 5 days security period. To view in what stage your funds are, go to Reports > Overview. 
Since your client and you will only be using Upwork for payments, any Direct Contracts will not impact your Upwork reputation metrics (for example your Job Success Score or Top Rated status). These contracts also will not be included in your other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aprit,

Please keep in mind that all payments need to go through our 5 days security period. To view in what stage your funds are, go to Reports > Overview. 
Since your client and you will only be using Upwork for payments, any Direct Contracts will not impact your Upwork reputation metrics (for example your Job Success Score or Top Rated status). These contracts also will not be included in your other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm at a loss here. I have done EVERYTHING required to get paid, yet I have recieved NO compensation in the month and a half i have been working through upwork. I am beyond frustrated and desperately need guidance.

re: "I'm at a loss here. I have done EVERYTHING required to get paid, yet I have recieved NO compensation in the month and a half i have been working through upwork. I am beyond frustrated and desperately need guidance."

Kelly:
This is your first post in the Forum.

I am sorry that you didn't come here earlier.

The regular participants in the Community Forum are VERY helpful and knowledgeable.

No matter what is going on, we can answer your questions and help you figure out what you are doing wrong.

First of all, you should understand that when freelancers work through Upwork, the maximum time it takes to get the money into our bank account is 3 weeks. Or perhaps 3 weeks plus a day or two. That is if everything that can slow things down happens and things go as badly as possible. Normally we get paid more quickly.

So I have a phrase that I use to refer to clients who owe me money for work that I did more than a month ago on Upwork: "Clients who don't owe me money."

You DON'T NEED to be frustrated any more.

Just answer our questions, and ask questions of your own and let's figure this out.

First of all, when you go here:
Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

...Do you see a contract listed?

If you do NOT see a contract listed there, then you were not hired on Upwork. And you can't get paid. And it would in fact be a serious violation of Upwork ToS if a client sent you money.

penngrp
Community Member

Just out of curiosity did you look to see if you were paid? If you click on your picture at the upper right you will see an options for settings. Once you click on that you will be prompted for your password. After that a new page will appear and on the left side one of the ptions will be "Get P:aid" click on that to see if it shows a balance. 

petra_r
Community Member

Kelly P wrote:

I'm at a loss here. I have done EVERYTHING required to get paid, yet I have recieved NO compensation in the month and a half i have been working through upwork. I am beyond frustrated and desperately need guidance.

You have been paid! All you have to do is to withdraw your earnings, which are sitting on your Upwork account waiting to be withdrawn....

Go to Reports > Overview, where you can see the money you earned. The money that is already available to be withdrawn is under the "Available" tab.

Provided you have set up a withdrawal method and completed your tax info, you can simply click on the green "Get Paid Now" button and withdraw your money.

Upwork's support sucks.  They are unresponsive and you don't talk to a human except on this Community board, but even they don't help. Upwork just sends canned responses that are useless.  Then they have this 5 day waiting period which is just another excuse to not solve the problem. If you want to make money as a freelancer, get a job on Indeed. They are much more credible. I plan to take Indeed to  Small Claims Court to get paid. The best way to get paid is to go to Small Claims Court in your local county. If you live in another country, good luck. You may never get paid. 

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your ticket and I can see that you have followed up with additional questions there. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have been patient for about 4 weeks and nothing happens. Why do you
lie to people?

I haven't been paid yet and it's been several weeks.

re: "I haven't been paid yet and it's been several weeks."

The longest amount of time between when I do work and when that money is in my bank account is about three week.

If you worked more than three weeks ago and you have not been paid, then it would seem that there is a "knowledge gap" in effect.

Tell us more about your situation so that we can help you.

chuckepstein
Community Member

Upwork's support **Edited for Community Guidelines** .  They are unresponsive and you don't talk to a human except on this Community board, but even they don't help. Upwork just sends canned responses that are useless.  Then they have this 5 day waiting period which is just another excuse to not solve the problem. If you want to make money as a freelancer, get a job on **Edited for Community Guidelines** 
. They are much more credible. I plan to take Indeed to  Small Claims Court to get paid. The best way to get paid is to go to Small Claims Court in your local county. If you live in another country, good luck. You may never get paid. 

b14c60ae
Community Member

Hello!

Two things, How do I get paid? I have been in Upwork for about two weeks, and I finished on contract and haven't received anything from Upwork. I believe the client already closed the contract. I have my payment methods set up. I know it takes up to five days to get paid but it has passed that time since I finished the last contract. What am I missing?

Second, it would make a world of difference if Upwork included a live-person chatbox. All major companies have it, and Upwork makes more than enough to be able to hire a few people to handle the chatbox. Why don't they have this? It would be a huge help to freelancers and clients.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to contact our support using live chat. We do have the chat support option but not all options are available to everyone at every time. You can always contact us through our different support channels such as @UpworkHelp on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or through the Community so that other Community users can share their expertise, or help direct you to the right Upwork Help pages. Moderators, like me, are also available to help users who have issues that are not answerable by the help articles on the Upwork Help page.

I see 2 Hourly contracts on your account. Hours logged on Hourly contracts are processed for payment as per the Upwork weekly billing cycle. You can initiate withdrawal once your payment is successfully credited to your Upwork account. You will be able to check your payment status on your Report page. Feel free to message us here if you have further questions.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.    

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members