🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting Verified
Page options
beckmedina
Community Member

Getting Verified

Hey there! I am trying to verify my identity by uploading my ID (California driver's license) but I have been getting rejected for months for reasons I cannot figure out!

I swear I am a real human being and most definitely a U.S. citizen. My favorite band is the Jonas Brothers who I saw live twice this year (they're perfect) and I can quote all the words to the film "Liar Liar" starring Jim Carrey, among many other things.

Is there any way that I can get my identity verified ASAP so I can begin working? I use this site as an agency and LOVE and trust Upwork so much. I wouldn't want to offer my services as a freelancer anywhere else.

Happy Sunday!

- Rebecca

2 REPLIES 2
jr-translation
Community Member

Beck M wrote:

Hey there! I am trying to verify my identity by uploading my ID (California driver's license) but I have been getting rejected for months for reasons I cannot figure out!

I swear I am a real human being and most definitely a U.S. citizen. My favorite band is the Jonas Brothers who I saw live twice this year (they're perfect) and I can quote all the words to the film "Liar Liar" starring Jim Carrey, among many other things.

Is there any way that I can get my identity verified ASAP so I can begin working? I use this site as an agency and LOVE and trust Upwork so much. I wouldn't want to offer my services as a freelancer anywhere else.

Happy Sunday!

- Rebecca

Have you considered that Beck and Rebecca is not the same? Also your profile does not meet the requirements. Payment always happens through Upwork so stating in your profile that "all the bankin' happens" elsewhere is just admitting that you intend to violate the ToS right from the start. Why should Upwork verify you?

I’m showing potential clients who want to earn income from
their online business that my Instagram account is where I have generated
income so they can look there to check out my content. Not that I’m trying to
violate terms of service and take the clients off Upwork. That would be crazy to straight up do on my profile. Thanks for pointing this out tho. 

I have submitted a name change already and even added it to my legal name
when I uploaded my ID which specifically stated it would change to the
legal name. I considered this to be an issue and was hoping someone would
offer this as a suggestion. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths