Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting all-time total earnings

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
1 of 11

Is there a way to generate a report (or just a line with the sum) displaying the total earned revenue since registration? I want to shock myself to reality with this. Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
2 of 11

Doesn't look like it, Gabor, though you can do it by entire year (use the totals from the Earnings by Client report).

While we're on reporting, multi-quarter (>1, <4) reports and/or custom date range reports would be nice.

Best,

Michael

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 11

Best and simplest solution is to keep your own spreadsheets.  My accountant almost killed me years ago when I presented her with the eLance one.

All your freelance earnings - along w/ %s paid to freelance platforms and to PayPal are shown along with the gross and net values. 

BTW, PayPal is wonderful with the monthy pdfs of your transactions - an easy validation for all business incoming and outgoing dollars.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 11

I download a year's worth of earnings as a CSV annually, then add off-platform reveneue, for me and my accountant. (OT: To Upwork's credit, the report is clear and easy to work with, unlike the mess on Elance that required a macro developed by one of the freelancers just to render it intelligible.)

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 11

Thank you all for the tips. Yes, custom date range reports would be kind of Holy Grail-ish over there.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
6 of 11
This widget could not be displayed.

I would prefer especially the actual earnings of the present year instead of average earnings of the last 12 months. Nobody needs this amount. Moreover, it is frustrating for me as it is steadily going down now.

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 11
Margarete,

While I'm sure the rolling 12 months on the stats page will not change, you can use the earnings by clients reports as a workaround to get the current year's total—alas, one quarter at a time.

Best,
Michael
Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 11

I don't know, why the above mentioned would be so hard to implement. (I guess even the required data types are the same in the database.)

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 11
Yeah, date-range selectors are pretty ubiquitous for online database access.
Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 11

So what could be the obstacle by implementing them for real?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS