Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting booted from the site over and over and over

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
1 of 9

Is anyone else experiencing a glitch where the site logs you out while you're trying to submit a proposal or write a message? I've had to retype several pieces, and then resort to typing them offsite and pasting, this afternoon. About ever three minutes, I get booted to the login screen.

Yes, I have reset cookies and cache, restarted the browser, all of the standard tech support suggestions that don't do a thing to solve the problem. Using the most recent Chrome browser on a Mac running Sierra.

This is after having major issues submitting proposals at all - no attachments accepted, and then not able to save the proposal. I have a support ticket open for that, but no one is answering!

The bugs on this site are infuriating!!!

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 9

This isn't a definitive answer to your problem, but just some ideas. Are you using incognito mode? If so I would use a regular browser window. Also, check the box that says you want them to remember you. See if that helps.

jcullinan
Community Guru
3 of 9

@Jennifer M wrote:

This isn't a definitive answer to your problem, but just some ideas. Are you using incognito mode? If so I would use a regular browser window. Also, check the box that says you want them to remember you. See if that helps.

No to incognito, and the box is checked.

fluker-tareion
Ace Contributor
Dr. Tareion F Member Since: Jun 21, 2017
4 of 9

yes, there seemed to be a glitch on the platform late this afternoon. The system logged me out mid-message a few times, and I had to start over. Seems to be fine this evening, though.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 9

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, Jess. I've followed up your ticket with the team so that they can look into it further. A Customer Support Agent will reach out to you regarding the issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
jcullinan
Community Guru
6 of 9

@Avery O wrote:

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, Jess. I've followed up your ticket with the team so that they can look into it further. A Customer Support Agent will reach out to you regarding the issue.

Nobody has responded to my support tickets at all today or this evening. This is not an inconvenience. My ability to apply for new contracts and communicate with clients has been seriously hampered, to the point where I am losing work hours. That costs Upwork money, too...

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 9

Hi Jess,

I followed this up again with the team handling your ticket so that someone can get back to you the soonest.

~ Avery
Upwork
jcullinan
Community Guru
8 of 9

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Jess,

I followed this up again with the team handling your ticket so that someone can get back to you the soonest.

Support has been no help whatsoever, but the site seems to be behaving today. There is a new look to the job search pages - I'm sure the update had everything to do with the malfunctions, but god forbid Upwork tell freelancers that there's anything going on at all that might interfere with their livelihoods.

hilltechnology
Ace Contributor
Joshua C Member Since: Aug 11, 2017
9 of 9

Go with another browser altogether. Log into Chrome and then sign off. and then use Safari. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS