Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting good jobs

juwelpc
Md J Member Since: Jul 19, 2016
1 of 4

Hi,

I am a wordpress developer and wrokig wtih wordpress websites from 2+ years. I am a top rated worker here on upwrok.com. I am suffering from a great problem from a long time. I dont get jobs, every time I go declined for choosing another freelancer by the client please suggest me something good to get started again.

I am getting hopeless day by day. please help me out of this.

Thanks in advanced.

Juwel

entsafter
Lucas S Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
2 of 4

Hello,

well it's pretty competitive here on UpWork. Which is good for the clients of course and makes (kind of) sure that the quality stays high. However, that means a lot of freelancers spend time writing proposals and get nothing out of it.

I sometimes spend up to half an hour writing a proposal and everything I get back is: declined. That's kind of sad but there is not much you can to about it.

As a Top Rated Upworker you have a very good starting point. Especially as someone from Bangladesh. You have an an advantage over people from western coutries since you can provide a much lower rate.

Try to improve your english, profile, portfolio, proposals (everything that you can).

Just keep the good work up and work on yourself. 

TL;DR: Improve everything you can impact. 

impactwebdesign
Community Leader
Dan S Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
3 of 4

I'm not trying to be rude here but your English is very poor. Since clients from the US want to see a clearly defined proposal you will immediately lose out if you have grammer errors. Work on that, perhaps have someone that speaks good English rewrite your proposals so they are correct. Once your proposals are well written you will be on equal ground with all the other developers.

phuongdo
Ace Contributor
Phuong D Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
4 of 4

From your profile looks like you have done many small projects, do your clients keep coming back to you to use your service? If not, then you need to review and see why, that's could be one of the problem. Another thing could be there are sooooo many web developers that can provide the same services as yours, maybe you should try to do something people rarely do? Just keep on trying man!! Good luck!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS