🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting invites but no job, clients look for ...
Page options
rashiasija10
Community Member

Getting invites but no job, clients look for free advice and disappear after consulting.

Hi,
I have been receiving invites and when I send the proposal either the client doesn’t respond or they take free consultation and disappear from upwork. They won’t respond afterwards. All they are interested in free advice and free work. What shall I do?
3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Rashi A wrote:
Hi,
I have been receiving invites and when I send the proposal either the client doesn’t respond or they take free consultation and disappear from upwork. They won’t respond afterwards. All they are interested in free advice and free work. What shall I do?

Ask them to hire you hourly for consultation.  

Edit: looked at your profile. Ironically, you offer consulting. My advice assumed you didn't. 

e2de8137
Community Member

Hello,

I beleive this to be frustrating and it might happen to any of us. The point is, Upwork created the chat, message section to secure our agreements. However, if the chat does not show any commitment or deal made, then I do not believe we are protected on that level. To save yourself from fraud, I suggest that you make the chat focus on the deal itself, like your terms, deadline, expectation and stuff. In a way, making teh chat about them not you, this would give them less chances of wasting your time for free. Again, this might happen to any of us and we save ourselves through our communciatin approach with them. Hope this helped you in any way. 

tlbp
Community Member

Rashi A wrote:
Hi,

You must offer a taste of advice but not the whole meal. If the client continues to dig for more information without offering a contract, cut them lose and move on. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members