cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting job and proposal

rana_pawan
Active

Hello,

I have been a member in upwork since end of August and so far i have got only 1 task.  I would be very grateful if i could get good suggestions from other members in getting a task.

I have some questions:-

1. Should I send proposal for those task with payment verified or unverified because most of the verified payment task have criteria of 90% job success, certain upwork hours and rising talent.

2. Why some of the unverified task have their location of other countries but with the same local time like mine, is it a scam type of task.

3. how to woo a client if we are a fresher both in upwork as well as outside as we cannot put more words to support our proposal.

4. Is there any apps to get task notification immediately after the job is posted. I do have desktop app but that does not notify when a new job gets posted in upwork.  And if we are late in sending proposal then the chances are their that the client might hire those who have sent proposal before me.

thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aocumen

Hi Pawan, 

Please see my answers below. 

1. If you don't meet the requirements for some job posts, you will see a warning when you apply for the job. However, not meeting the requirements hasn't stopped some freelancers from bidding for those jobs. Some freelancers in the community has reported that they were even hired despite not meeting the requirements. 

2. You may report these jobs posts and clients for misrepresenting their location on the platform. The team will take the necessary actions against these accounts.  

3. You may check these help articles I've collated to help you be successful on the platform - 

How to be successful on the platform

4. You should be able to set your notifications in your Settings > User Settings > Notification Settings. From there, you can set which emails you want to receive from the platform - i.e. Job Recommendations from the platform

Hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Guru
Nobody wants to be wood by a fresher that's for sure.
aocumen

Hi Pawan, 

Please see my answers below. 

1. If you don't meet the requirements for some job posts, you will see a warning when you apply for the job. However, not meeting the requirements hasn't stopped some freelancers from bidding for those jobs. Some freelancers in the community has reported that they were even hired despite not meeting the requirements. 

2. You may report these jobs posts and clients for misrepresenting their location on the platform. The team will take the necessary actions against these accounts.  

3. You may check these help articles I've collated to help you be successful on the platform - 

How to be successful on the platform

4. You should be able to set your notifications in your Settings > User Settings > Notification Settings. From there, you can set which emails you want to receive from the platform - i.e. Job Recommendations from the platform

Hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS