🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Getting jobs in Upwork
Page options
benjamin69
Community Member

Getting jobs in Upwork

I have been trying so hard to find work on Upwork since 2017 with no luck. It is in 2021 on March that I got the first order 😌 What is it that I am not doing right? Experts please advice.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "I have been trying so hard to find work on Upwork since 2017..."

Benjamin:
You will need to answer for yourself which of the following is true:

a) Benjamin has been trying hard for four years to become an Upwork freelancer. Despite all his efforts, he has failed. This is NOT his calling. This is NOT where he should spend his time.

b) Benjamin has the ability to succeed as a freelancer on Upwork. He has NOT been trying hard to do so. He has NOT paid much attention to Upwork. But he can start getting serious about it if he really wants to succeed on the platform.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I have been trying so hard to find work on Upwork since 2017 with no luck. It is in 2021 on March that I got the first order. What is it that I am not doing right? Experts please advice. "

You don't need advice from anybody here.

You already know the answers to your questions.

You can ask your family and friends. And you can ask yourself.

If your cousin told you that she was trying so hard for the past four years to become a chef, but she has not succeeded, what would you tell her? Would you tell your cousin that she was NOT actually trying very hard? That she was - in fact - not trying at all? Would you tell her that this is NOT her calling? Would you tell her that she is NOT passionate about this, and that she will probably NEVER succeed at this? Would you tell her to stop pretending, and stop wasting her time? Would you tell her to focus on what she is good at? To focus on what she cares about? To focus on something that is realistic?

Thank you for the reply, According to your Case scenario, I might advice her to quit, still I can advice her to keep on trying maybe the breakthrough is just an inch away. Again I can advice her to talk to experts in the same field. 

Now back to me. I have been doing the same kind of jobs locally though they are not that much and consistent that why I wanted to explore this niche. I think getting insights can be vital.

What do you mean by this in your portfolio?

""You will get an excellent sociology, history or criminology paper""

Content-writing services in the listed disciplines.

re: "I have been trying so hard to find work on Upwork since 2017..."

Benjamin:
You will need to answer for yourself which of the following is true:

a) Benjamin has been trying hard for four years to become an Upwork freelancer. Despite all his efforts, he has failed. This is NOT his calling. This is NOT where he should spend his time.

b) Benjamin has the ability to succeed as a freelancer on Upwork. He has NOT been trying hard to do so. He has NOT paid much attention to Upwork. But he can start getting serious about it if he really wants to succeed on the platform.

Option b) Thank you sir. 
I appreciate the way you have brought it out , Insightfull!
Let me go back to the drawing board restrategise.

This was insightfull and eye opening. Thank you once again! 
Just completed five projects all with positive feedback!
and more so, 100% job success score!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths