🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting my profile back on track
Page options
shinigamidaiko
Community Member

Getting my profile back on track

After a series of flawless projects and rave reviews, I was treated harshly by one of Flipboard's managers who gave me destructive reviews to long-term collaborations. Can you please tell me how I can get my profile back on track? I've almost given up on UpWork because of that experience.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Do a bunch of smaller jobs you can complete 100% perfectly, so yoz can push those 3 star ones down the page and establish a Job Success Score.

They will not factor into your JSS because they were completed more than 2 years ago.

PS: Tip of the week: Do not ever have several contracts open with the same client at the same time.

Because when it goes all beeps up, your profile is toast for a while.

That was indeed a mistake on my part. I first took an English to French localization with Flipboard, then added English to Arabic localization and finally took on a support job for the aforementioned languages.

I had two managers, one for each category of jobs. And while I got along very well with the localization manager, things were kind of rocky with my support manager and I wasn't doing a very good job in support due to that (I was discouraged to handle it every day). And later when the support manager took over localization in Flipboard, all my contracts got cancelled with these reviews.

I thought I could benefit from experience in support, but sadly that damaged my overall profile.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Daabouch A wrote:

After a series of flawless projects and rave reviews, I was treated harshly by one of Flipboard's managers who gave me destructive reviews to long-term collaborations. Can you please tell me how I can get my profile back on track? I've almost given up on UpWork because of that experience.

Are you sure it is just one harsh review?  I'm seeing 3 in a row.  Since you no longer have a JSS from not working on the platform for 2 years, you need the mindset that you're starting from scratch.  That might mean lowering your hourly rate a bit to compete with others.  

Hopefully you've learned some valuable lessons so projects are completed to the client's satisfaction moving forward.  

Robin H wrote:

Daabouch A wrote:

After a series of flawless projects and rave reviews, I was treated harshly by one of   ******'s managers who gave me destructive reviews to long-term collaborations. 

Are you sure it is just one harsh review?  I'm seeing 3 in a row. 

...same client

versailles
Community Member

Daabouch A wrote:

I've almost given up on UpWork because of that experience.

Click here, https://www.upwork.com/my-stats/  and tell us what does Clients who would recommend you say.

This may be indicative of what your clients think of your services and can give you some indication about the next course of action.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members