🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Getting new job
Page options
vijayarya01
Community Member

Getting new job

Hi, I am new here and I need more projects what can I do? Is there anything I need to improve in my profile or in anyway?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here are my best tips for cover letter writing:

• Read the job posting very carefully.
  • If you have ever worked on a similar project to what the post asks, describe it. This shows clients that you are more likely to succeed with their project.
  • If the posting asks for certain qualifications and you meet these qualifications (such as certain degree or years' experience in the field), mention that, even if it's already on your profile.
  • Sometimes clients ask specific questions in other fields, such as "How would you tackle this project?" or "What questions do you have about this project?" Never leave a field blank.

And as others have said, keep it short! If they want your full employment history, they can view your profile.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
esperanzaruth
Community Member

Hello Vijay,

How are you? I hope all is well with you.

Please click this link: https://www.upwork.com/blog/2018/09/tips-upwork-profile/

I hope this may help you.

Take care always and God bless.

Kind regards,

Ruth

Hi Ruth, I am doing well thanks and hope the same!

How can I write a good cover letter in the field of SEO to get reply

Here is an example:

Dear Mr. Smith:

When I learned of your need for a new SEO manager to come on board at River’s Edge Design, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With 12 years of successful experience developing compelling and targeted online content and programming to maximize search engine optimization – as well as my expertise in coaching and managing top-performing staff – I am confident that I could significantly contribute to your company’s success.

From creating content strategies and driving website traffic to improve online presence and implementing social media strategies, my background has consistently been characterized by my unparalleled dedication to building productive and engaging websites that attract traffic and increase search engine rankings. My proven ability to analyze usage data and patterns and create strategic content accordingly, along with my communication and team leadership capabilities, position me to excel in this role.

Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:

• Developing targeted, on-brand, and SEO-rich content and programming, creating and continually updating websites for startup companies, Fortune 500 retailers, and nonprofit organizations; implementing and managing SEO practices for ~530 websites with organic and paid search
  • Skillfully oversaw Google AdWords campaigns, slashing bounce rate from 34% to 6%, lowering CPC by as much as 43%, and increasing CTR
  • Designing user forums, live auctions, e-commerce stores, and online shows to drive site traffic and enhance user participation and membership
  • Tracking and reporting on SEO and SEM data while concurrently collaborating with product managers to ensure consistent branding and messaging
  • Presenting SEO best practices training programs to marketing, online marketing, PR, product management, UX, and web development teams
  • Building solid relationships with partners to encourage content integration and optimize user experiences
  • Proficient in DHTML, JavaScript, CSS, XML, XSLT, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver

With my record of accomplishments in SEO management, coupled with my eye for design and my tireless dedication to achieving success, I will certainly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

*This is just a sample letter only. Please be concise in your writing your cover letter.

I hope this may help you.

Good luck in your search.

Ruth E wrote:

*This is just a sample letter only. Please be concise in your writing your cover letter.

Excellent sample. I would keep it as a sample of what never to send. This is exactly the kind of dull proposals that you get a ton of when you post a job on Upwork.

Unless the posting contains no information at all, in which case you may want to think twice before sending anything, a good proposal has to be short and needs to address the needs the client expressed.

The majority of applicants would just copy/paste this kind of long list of skills or whatnot that clients don't read, but just trash.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
90ad35d8
Community Member

Hi Vijay,

I don't have time to go over your profile completely, but I do see some areas that could use improvement. For example, your "Experience" section is confusing and hard to follow. Take this sentence: 

"Driving the project from Automation as well as Manual perspective in liaison with Tech Lead and senior managers from U.S to understand the business requirements and thus providing feasible solutions using automation tools and manual testing concepts."

I'm not sure what "driving the project from automation" is. I don't know what "manual perspective" is. "From U.S." can be removed, as it doesn't add anything to the paragraph. "Understanding the business requirements" - are you saying you understand them or you showed the tech lead and senior managers how to understand them? Full stop, then: "I provided feasible solutions using automation tools and manual testing concepts."

I hope this helps you to go over your profile and try to make it more clear. If you don't feel your skills are up to that, I suggest you ask a friend to help you. You might also consider improving your writing/English skills by taking a course online.

All the best!

Amber

I am hard to find the experience section. Can you please send me the picture so that I can check.

Hi All!

How can I write a good cover letters for SEO to get the lead open?

Here are my best tips for cover letter writing:

• Read the job posting very carefully.
  • If you have ever worked on a similar project to what the post asks, describe it. This shows clients that you are more likely to succeed with their project.
  • If the posting asks for certain qualifications and you meet these qualifications (such as certain degree or years' experience in the field), mention that, even if it's already on your profile.
  • Sometimes clients ask specific questions in other fields, such as "How would you tackle this project?" or "What questions do you have about this project?" Never leave a field blank.

And as others have said, keep it short! If they want your full employment history, they can view your profile.

Vijay K wrote:

I am hard to find the experience section. Can you please send me the picture so that I can check.

I'm sorry, I should have been clear - I was talking about the Employment History section.

azezmutairi
Community Member

Try to add the best of your work in your portfilio. Make sure to write a clear description and provide sources of your work. You can also prove your identity to be rising talent. add your education and experience and label your talent. Try to make your profile paragraph clear and meaningful.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths