🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting paid and work history displayed after...
Page options
tiffanyhuang
Community Member

Getting paid and work history displayed after successfully ended a contract

Me and client have just successfully ended a contract yesterday (it was around midnight Sunday American time), but I haven't recieved any money and work history till now (4am Monday American time), I live in China, so can anyone tell me why is that, I'd appreciate it so much.

I'm guessing it's because it was not on a business day when we closed the deal, and it took sometime for upwork team to review the contract and processing the payment. I just don't know.

Thx.

Tiff

2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Member

It takes many days for a payment to become available to the freelancer. And, your work history will not reflect a completed job until the payment is processed. There is an entire section of Upwork resources that explain how and when you will get paid. You should check those out right away so that you are not counting on money to arrive earlier than is possible. 

petra_r
Community Member

Weiwei H wrote:

I'm guessing it's because it was not on a business day when we closed the deal, and it took sometime for upwork team to review the contract and processing the payment. I just don't know.

The Upwork team doees not "review a contract. Payments are processed automatically.

You need to familiarise yourself with how payments are processed. Take a look at your Reports Overview  Page, it has endless little question marks which show what each stage means, and a "When will I get paid" link for further information.

A brief overview below:

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members