Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They "lost" it? Just like

Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
11 of 18
They "lost" it? Just like that? So the money didn't appear anywhere, neither at the intended destination, nor back in your oDesk account? I'm seriously starting to get a bit paranoid on this :/
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
12 of 18
I withdrew to paypal, this was sometime last month, it never went to my paypal, though I never had a problem in the past 3 years. After logging a ticket, waiting for several days ect, I contacted paypal myself. Since I have a Business account in good standing for more than 10 years(for my ebay store), they were happy to help. They told me that Odesk corp was where the issue orginated, they even gave me the transaction number from oDesk paypal account to allow them to trace it. Of course, I gave all this info to finance, got more of the runaround for a good 2 addtional weeks. In the end, I had to get all the papers together, a lawyer, and get ready to take it to the dept of finance in California (of which I informed oDesk support), they finally credited my account with the "lost" funds, but they never actually found out the problem, or even admitted they were at fault (though paypal confirms where the issue was). just to satisfy my curiosity, I contacted paypal again, that particular payment is still "lost" in their system. So, I got the funds back from oDesk, since they decided to credit it after threats and such, but the problem still persist on their end. I really dont know what is going on with oDesk this past year, for the most part, aside from minor issues things were fine on this platform until they started making all the "upgrades". You know, I am thinking, ever since they have been forced to make people withdraw due to banking regs 3-4 months ago, they have been having a lot of payment issues, mainly with those outide of the USA, but now it is getting all contractors. Perhaps they should invest in better programmers, or just pay a cool million to some tech guru and get a stellar system put in place, they can certainly afford it.
Highlighted
Kirsten H Member Since: Apr 1, 2012
13 of 18
[quote=Heather H.] You know, I am thinking, ever since they have been forced to make people withdraw due to banking regs 3-4 months ago, they have been having a lot of payment issues, mainly with those outide of the USA,[/quote] This is an interesting point. Could be that the regular withdrawals have left oDesk with fewer funds in the bank where they used to use the money of those who withdrew seldom to pay those who withdrew frequently. Maybe they weren't ready for the change and had more liabilities than assets before they implemented the system? Either way, they are making me feel edgy. For the most part, I don't use oDesk for more than about 10 to 15 hours a week. I would ordinarily ask real world clients to hire me through oDesk but I was recently invited to do a 46 hour a week 3 month contract with extremely lucrative rates outside oDesk and, due to these payment issues, I will not be bringing them onto this platform as I would have three months ago. Had oDesk been transparent and forthcoming with information, I'd have forgiven the hash up and brought the client on board but they failed there, so they will lose those profits.
Highlighted
Christina B Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
14 of 18
I tried to get it sent to my bank acct and that is broke too. I have been waiting 15 hours. It does not surprise me they are messing them all up.
Highlighted
Cheryl H Member Since: Jul 26, 2011
15 of 18
Thought I would update this post to say that I just got off the chat system with Aleksey. Transcript below if it helps to put anyone's mind at ease: ~~~~~ Aleksey: Hello.Can I help you with anything today? CH: Yes please. Live in UK and cannot withdraw my funds to PayPal. From what I can see on the forums, am not the only one with this issue. Can you advise as to what the problem is and when it will be resolved? Aleksey: I see and thank you for these details about your concern. May i know what does it say when you trying to withdraw? CH: That payment methods have been disabled and to click a link to re-enable them. I then try again and the same thing happens. This is not exclusive to me - other oDesk users are suffering the same problem - read the forums. Aleksey: Yes, please accept our apologies for the inconveniences. CH: Is oDesk aware of this issue? Aleksey: We understand that getting your payment without delay is very important and we apologize for the inconvenience this incident has caused you. We have already alerted our Engineering team about this matter. Rest assured, we will get back to you as soon as the issue is fixed. CH: Is there an expected time that this will be resolved as there are many contractors out there who rely on oDesk income as their sole income? Aleksey: Unfortunately, there is not estimate. I would be happy to create a ticket and update you once we have any news on that. CH: Yes please. Please be aware that for those contractors who RELY on this money to pay their bills, they could well incur bank charges and end up in extreme financial difficulty. This is an issue that needs to be raised to "CRITICAL" status! Aleksey: Yes, we completely are of this Cheryl. We would like you to know that we are working non stop in order to resolve this issue. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences. CH: That's good to hear. If you could raise a ticket for this in the meantime, I would be grateful. Aleksey: I would be happy to create a ticket and update you once we have any news on that. CH: Yes please. Aleksey: Sure. Will there be anything else that I may check for you today? CH: No, that's it, thank you.
Highlighted
Employee
Jeffrey L Employee Member Since: Jun 27, 2013
16 of 18
All, As some of you experienced, we had technical issues with PayPal this morning. The problem has since been resolved. If you were unable to complete a withdrawal, please try again. No other withdrawal method was affected. We apologize for the issues and are constantly working to ensure timely access to funds. Thanks, Jeff
Highlighted
Christina B Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
17 of 18
When I tried to use my bank acct instead of Paypal, it deactivated it and I now have to wait for it to be reactivated. This "technical issue" affected more than Paypal. It messed with the bank accounts option, and Payoneer. You might wan to make sure you have it corrected.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
18 of 18
[quote=Jeffrey L.]All, As some of you experienced, we had technical issues with PayPal this morning. The problem has since been resolved. If you were unable to complete a withdrawal, please try again. No other withdrawal method was affected. We apologize for the issues and are constantly working to ensure timely access to funds. Thanks, Jeff[/quote] That's nonsense. The problem did not occur on Monday morning. I had issues withdrawing on Sunday already. And instead of burrying the resolution of the matter in a thread, why not just update people's support ticket?
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS