cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting paid

Highlighted
Judith P Member Since: Jun 26, 2012
1 of 18
Is anyone else having problems withdrawing funds today? I have tried several times to withdraw payment to Paypal, to get the message that there is a technical issue, but then Paypal becomes disabled as a payment method and I have to re-enable. I desperately need this money. Do we know when the situation is likely to be rectified?
Highlighted
Marina A Member Since: Oct 30, 2012
2 of 18
I have the same problem and is very frustrating. Hopefully the issue will be resolved by tomorrow...
Highlighted
Selene M Member Since: Jul 24, 2009
3 of 18
I have the same problem here. I've tried 4 times and then my both payment methods accounts (Paypal and Payoneer) were disabled as payment method. I certainly hope this will be soon rectified.
Highlighted
Marina A Member Since: Oct 30, 2012
4 of 18
[quote=Judith P.]Is anyone else having problems withdrawing funds today? I have tried several times to withdraw payment to Paypal, to get the message that there is a technical issue, but then Paypal becomes disabled as a payment method and I have to re-enable. I desperately need this money. Do we know when the situation is likely to be rectified?[/quote] I have the same problem and it's very frustrating.Hope they fix this soon...
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
5 of 18
Everyone has the same issue. Support suggest using another payment method. Personally, they have been having a lot of issues with payments over the last 3 months.
Highlighted
Adeyemi A Member Since: Jul 18, 2010
6 of 18
Yes I have exactly same problem. I've contacted support and they promised to get it rectified soon but that was about 12 hours ago. Still remains unsolved. I hope they can get this fixed soon! I need the funds urgently and don't have another means of withdrawing other than Paypal.
Highlighted
Judith P Member Since: Jun 26, 2012
7 of 18
Hi guys...an update to my original post. I have just tried again to still have the same problem. I don't have the luxury of waiting five days for the money to get to my bank account, I need it today!I can't get through to chat and get the usual canned response from sending a request. I wonder if oDesk will be paying everyone the interest they've lost out on by not having their own money??????????After all, no doubt oDesk has received a fair amount of interest for the extra time they have managed to hold onto OUR money!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
8 of 18
Yeah, it's still broken. It's extremely frustrating - I don't have time to add LFT, to make a test withdrawal that will probably take 4+ days and then to transfer the entire amount :/ It really really sucks - and what is worse, they're not even making an announcement on what's wrong and approximately how long it will take them to fix it.
Highlighted
Christina B Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
9 of 18
They do not care that we can't get paid, they make money either way so they could care less some of us are relying heavy on this money. I can't wait any longer myself I have a infant to feed, so here I am trying to beg money from friends to feed my child because Odesk can not get their crap together. I am seriously thinking about calling the BBB and seeing what they say about an employer unwilling to pay their employee's. Then they might start to care if their site and wallets are threatened. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
10 of 18
If you have a US bank account set up, those transfers work just fine. It does not make any sense to get mad at support, they actually dont know what is wrong. Only finance knows, and they are a-holes, who dont share information, so good luck on that front. I think that this issue will take some time to figure out, My personal guess is that oDesk corp is having issues with paypal, which as a result has blocked everyone from being able to use it from this platform. Thats my guess, I didnt read it anywhere. Or, it coud be that oDesk is short on funds and simple disabled it for their own purposes. I really dont know. There is an auto withdrawl on the 27th, I am sure they will have a whole lot of angry people on their hands when money isnt transferred, but I really suggest everyone add a bank if you dont have one, and withdraw to your bank now if you do. Every since they "lost" my withdrawl last month, I take everything out the minute it is available.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS