cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting paid

Highlighted
Richard E Member Since: Feb 29, 2016
1 of 12

I submitted my first request to be paid on April 8th for $480.  When do I get it and how can I verify it's going  through? I used my PayPal Is being processed?  I thought I was going to receive in seven days? Thank you.

Highlighted
Saba S Member Since: Apr 21, 2016
2 of 12

Yeah,

it may happen soon.

Highlighted
Rachael G Member Since: May 22, 2016
3 of 12

Does this site really work?And how do I get paid?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 12

@Rachael G wrote:

Does this site really work?And how do I get paid?

It works. It doesn't work for everyone, though. Considering your profile, I doubt it'll work for you.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 12

OMG!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
BEST ANSWER
6 of 12

Rachael, I did not take a look at the article in your portfolio, so perhaps it demonstrates your abilities. However, the rest of your profile doesn't tell a prospective client much. Even though this platform does work for writers to find gigs, it also works for scam artists to find new and hopeful freelancers. I hope you will take the time to read all of the training materials and tips and tricks threads here in the forums so that you will know how to avoid the scammers.

With regard to your writing goals, I have no doubt of your experience and I have noticed that there are clients who are specifically looking for writers in the baby-mom niche. But you have to demonstrate more than experience in the lifestyle, you will need to demonstrate the ability to share your knowledge coherently and in a way that draws readers. If you have not already done so, I recommend that you begin by creating an active blog of your own. You won't be able to share a direct link in your profile, but can republish what you write in your portfolio. You could also pursue some guest blogging opportunities in order to develop more credibility.

The Upwork market is crowded and challenging. If you have something special to offer then you need to demonstrate with your every word. 

Luck to you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 12

Rachael, nothing about your profile suggests that you are serious about working on Upwork. As far as I can tell, you are just trying to have some fun with us. So it would be premature to ask how you would get paid.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 12

Good grief. lol They come out of the woodwork on the weekends.

Another one bites the dust.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
9 of 12

How the heck did that profile ever get approved?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 12

Doubtful it is approved. 

I've seen a few people now with jobs that then got their profiles disapproved. They are now getting the "we have no opportunities" email.

For the most part, Upwork is getting it right. These people have no experience and no skills. 

Only bad thing is these people make me look so good, and if they actually did filter out the junk and get real professionals, I might have to step up my game. =D

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS