cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting paid

drairwolf
David T Member Since: May 3, 2017
1 of 4

I've worked as a freelancers for about 3 weeks for a client and haven't been paid yet. My bank account is set up. Also, there's something that says I will be paid once I reach $100. My due balance is $80, but that's not right. When I go through the logged hours in my work diary, I've worked 11:20 thus far. Something's not right and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. 

Why does my balance say I only am due $80, when I've worked over 11 hours? And why does it say I'll only get paid when it's over $100? Somethings not right. 

Thanks,

David

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

David, you want to take a close look at your Reports Page, and mouse over all the little question marks which explain how things work, click on the different tabs which show you which stage which earnings are in.

The $ 100 minimum is only for automatic withdrawals, you can withdraw manually any time you have an available balance, click on the Available tab in your Reports Overview page and a nice big green "Get Paid Now" button will appear provided you have set up a withdrawal method and have completed your tax info.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 4

Hi David,

The $100 limit is the limit for scheduled withdrawals, which refers to sending your available balance to your bank account and not to getting paid on your contracts. I also see you received two payments for your hourly contracts and withdrew those funds from your account.

If you to to Report > Overview tab on your account, you see the payment for the time you logged last week under Pending and for the hours you logged since Monday in the current week under Work in Progress. Please click on the question mark icon above these payments to learn more about their status, read more about the weekly billing cycle, and review the freelancer resources we share here.

Untitled
khouldin
Karen H Member Since: May 3, 2017
4 of 4

At the end of each week, Sun 8pm est, your timesheet goes into the review stage. Then pending, then available. The whole process takes 1 week, 2 days past the original Sunday. When it's available, then you can make a withdrawal at any time. Make sure that all of your account info is setup right. It also may take a few days to validate your bank account.

If it's a fixed rate project, you won't get paid until after the client approves/closes the project.  If it's hourly, you get paid weekly, every Tuesday night (est), or Wed (UTC), for the work you logged 2 weeks ago.

Week 1 (M-Sun)

- timesheet #1 due Sun night

Week 2 (Mon-Sun)

- timesheet #1 is in review

Week 3 (Sun-Tues)

- timesheet #1 is pending

Week 3 (Tues-Wed)

- timesheet #1 is available for withdrawal

The Overview Report is very useful keeping track of this process.

Keep in mind that Billed amount includes Upwork fees.

Hope this helpd.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS