🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting paid
Page options
aparna38
Community Member

Getting paid

Hi just a query on when to expect payment from the customer after job completion?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

Let's start with whether you actually have a contract with the client or not:

Did the client send you an offer through Upwork messenger, and did you accept that?

If so, is it fixed price or hourly?

Do you see it on your My Joibs page?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wescowley
Community Member

Let's start with whether you actually have a contract with the client or not:

Did the client send you an offer through Upwork messenger, and did you accept that?

If so, is it fixed price or hourly?

Do you see it on your My Joibs page?

petra_r
Community Member

Aparna P wrote:
Hi just a query on when to expect payment from the customer after job completion?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

aparna38
Community Member

Thank you this is so informative and helpful. I will have to save it to understand fully. 

JoanneP

Hi Aparna, 

I checked your account, and it looks like you have a fixed-price contract with your client. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aparna38
Community Member

Noted with thanks! As a new member I am still learning. So when we get a new job, and work on it- do we get hired notice and any link to ask for the payment when milestones or full job done? Will remember this information for my future projects. Thank you.

When a client wants to hire you, they send an offer through your Upwork messages, which you click on, review the terms, and then Accept, BEFORE you start any work. When you've completed a milestone, navigate to the project in My Jobs, and click the Submit button to submit your work and formally request payment. You will be paid automatically in 14 days without the client needing to respond.

Aparna:

if you haven't done so, make sure you click the "Submit Work" button on that milestone. That starts a 14-day clock. Even if you never hear from the client again, the escrow will be released to you after 14 days.  If you have clicked it, don't click it again. That would restart the clock.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members