Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting your foot in the door

afifield
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
11 of 15

Oh I see. So those client projects have "enterprise" icons next to their projects and you can apply to some if public and some are private only? If that is the case, I think it is fine. Obviously enterprise people don't post everyday to the public. I hope to see some like that. The fortune 500 clients I worked with on elance and here were unfortunately not in the enterprise group for some reason. I guess they just posted without joining it. 

It would be interesting to have a feature to find such public enterprise clients through the search function, but I understand if that isn't possible. I'd definitely check it all the time. 

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
12 of 15

My understanding is, that they only post job publicly if they can't find the right/not enough provider(s) within the PTC.

And no, I didn't see an "enterprise icon" when I found one of the PTC jobs in my job feed.

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 22.09.19.png

But the client has more than 20k hires and billed hours in excess of 32k, so I guess one could safely assume that they qualify as an enterprise client just by looking at the numbers in the posting Smiley Wink

Edited to add: I saw that posting prior to the changes that Valeria mentioned coming into effect.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 15

Hi All,

I just wanted to direct you to this announcement by Garnor and point out that we have recently made changes that make Enterprise jobs clearly visible in Search. So if you see a great opportunity and have necessary skills and experience, go for it!

~ Valeria
Upwork
andrea_brajnovic
Ace Contributor
Andrea B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
14 of 15

I feel there should be an option to apply to a PTC and that is because in my area of expertise the jobs I do get are below my skill level. I'm not asking for any kind of shortcuts, just a chance to be considered for bigger projects. Anyone else feeling they could do more but they don't know how to go about it?

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
15 of 15

Upwork is a private enterprise, so it is not obligated to give anyone access or opportunity. If you have a great service to offer, don't rely on someone else to market it for you. Make your own opportunities. The entire internet is available to you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS