🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ghosted by Client After Contract Started
Page options
03dedd38
Community Member

Ghosted by Client After Contract Started

I accepted an hourly contract from a client to provide web development services.  After the contract was accepted he completely ghosted me.  Sent a few messages his way (politely) seeing if he still needed my services.  He's sent nothing even though I can see he's still logging onto Upwork.  No work was logged for this contract.  If I end the contract, can he write a bad review and negatively effect my JSS?  If so, what's protecting the freelancer from these types of situations?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "If I end the contract, can he write a bad review and negatively effect my JSS?"

If he has disappeared completely, then he is not going to leave any sort of review whatsoever.

If no money has been earned on this contract, then it is impossible for the job to appear on your public profile.

Just close the contract now and stop worrying about this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "If I end the contract, can he write a bad review and negatively effect my JSS?"

If he has disappeared completely, then he is not going to leave any sort of review whatsoever.

If no money has been earned on this contract, then it is impossible for the job to appear on your public profile.

Just close the contract now and stop worrying about this.

03dedd38
Community Member

Thanks Preston!

aabdprto
Community Member

Hi Dean!

I have the same problem like you, to think that it's my 2nd contract. Wanna check what happened after you ended the contract?

Hey Ara 👋.  After closing this particular contract, nothing adversely affected my JSS and there was no review left on my profile.  The job didn't even show up on my profile.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

The protection against a situation like this is feedback removal, which is available to top-rated freelancers. The premise being, if you have proven yourself on upwork, an occasional bad feedback should not count against you, because sometimes things go wrong without the freelancer's fault. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Preston,

If a freelancer closes a project on which no earnings have been made, does that adversely affect the freelancers calculated JSS?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members