🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Giving Back ( I want to help ) - 10 Peopl...
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

Giving Back ( I want to help ) - 10 People

I have been on Upwork (previously ELance / Odesk) for 12 years (my anniversary is in December : )

I want to GIVE BACK!

Here is what I am thinking:

I see many of you are new to the platform and are struggling to:

1. Setup the "Perfect Profile"

2. Putting together a strong proposal

3. Searching for jobs that fit your skill set and submitting your proposal (identify them)

4. Understanding the new Boost Feature and why it may be important

5. Follow up with potential clients

6. Communicating and other details after the job has been awarded.

My goal is to help 10 people a week, giving each one a 30 mins zoom call to ask me any question they would like.

My goal in 2023 is to help 1,000 people. I have been blessed in so many ways, time to give back,

I don't have a website, I don't have a YouTube channel, I have nothing to promote. I just want to help you : )

To start. Just reply to this thread and request to be added to "My Network" on Upwork.

I am excited to see where this goes.

* I will choose 10 per week, please make sure your profile is at least mostly complete. I can't help you if you don't help yourself.

* We can decide on a time together, I know many of you are in different time zones, I work a LOT, so we will make it work : )

732 REPLIES 732
virtualbrix
Community Member

Comment Below and also request to be added to my network by visiting my profile.

Please add me to the new network

Please add me to your network 

Hey Mkhululi,

I added you, thx

Please add me to your new network beacuse i really need your help.

musinguzi jonathan

Hey Musinguzi,

For me to add you, you have to make your profile public : )

Thank You - Sam

Hello Samer, please add me to your network.

Hey Mary, I went ahead and added you to my network. Excited to help!

Please add me to the new network

Hey Mary,

Your profile is private, Can you make public, than I can add you.

Hi,,Hw re u? Do you know anyone tht have earned from Upwork?

Yes. of course

Please add me, Kathleen Schneider.

Please add me to your network please 🥺 help me I am student and new here, I really need to get a job to support my studies

Hey Victory, i went ahead and added you. Excited to help. I will reach out!

Hi Samer, please add me to your network. Would be great to get advice from you..

added you!

Please help me, I'm new and I don't know where to start

Add me up please 

Hey Hamza, added : )

Hi Sameer B., That's a nice gesture and a great selfless decision to give back to the community. Thanks and appreciate your efforts. 

Please add me also to your network.

Hey Paul, I appreciate the kind words. I am doing all I can to help the community. I will reach out and setup a time to connect.

Hi Samer, Please add me to Your Network. Working for past 10 years on UpWork but not getting any invites.

Hey Virender,

I added you, I am excited to connect soon!

Thank you very much. Excited to connect with you.

Hello, can you please add me to your network I really need help and advice from you. It is highly appreciated!

Hey Jayvee,

I added you to my network. I will connect with you soon.

That is so kind and thoughtful of you Samer!  I would appreciate being added to your network. Thanks.

Hey Iolyn,

I hope all is well. I went ahead and added you to my network.

Good afternoon Samer

I've been successful on Upworks for six years. Now suddenly I am struggling horribly to the detriment of my livelihood. It's affecting my household finances considerably because I have no clients left and I am not able to get anyone to accept me for new contracts. My feedback from everyone is 5 stars and positive. I don't get it and I'm unclear on the boost thing. That's new since I've been searching previously. I came on here to see if inflation is affecting job availability and I saw your posting. Perhaps you can help me.

Hey Lisa,

I hope all is well and I am sorry to hear that. This can be because of many things, but basically:

1. The new boost option has made things a bit interesting

2. Clients may have slowed down on spend, potential econimic slow down.

3. More Freelancers than ever (because of the popularity of Upwork + Pandemic + Recession + Ease of tech, etc)

I can think of many other reasons but this is the time where you have to sit down, get creative, think outside of the box...

I added you to my network. I will reach out and we can connect. we can connect and talk on it.

e74d757a
Community Member

Hi Lisa!

It has gotten very competitive on the platform. You probably need to start creating projects and selling on the platform. Lots of resources are available on the platform. These inform us about how to best position ourselves to be seen by clients. You probably need to find some time to go through these resources and evaluate what you are doing. Then try again to get it right.

Great Advice

Hello Samer, 

Please add me to your network, I am having a hard time currently as I am new here! Thank you.

Hey Jeanette,

I added you. I am excited to connect.

Thank you, I look forward to your insights!

My Pleasure!

Add me to your network
please and thankyou

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths