🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Giving information
Page options
12fd9b2c
Community Member

Giving information

I received a proposal for a small translation work, and after exchanging a few messages, she asked for my birth city, age and actual city of residence. I stayed vague about the last one but now I regret Havin answered, and she hasn't sent a new message since.

I felt it was rather safe because she had good ratings, and a lot of other previous job offers confirmed. Now, I'm nervous.

Can I ask what you think ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
spectralua
Community Member

Your city shown in profile, it is not a secret.

Age & birth may be related to job details, is you able to do some specific text translate.

You shared nothing critical.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Your city shown in profile, it is not a secret.

Age & birth may be related to job details, is you able to do some specific text translate.

You shared nothing critical.

No, it isn't normal, and I would never give such information to a stranger. In what way would your birthdate have anything to do with your ability to complete a job?

12fd9b2c
Community Member

Yes, you're right, thank you. That makes me feel better

kkears
Community Member

I'm not familiar with the translation niche, but why would she need your birth city & age? Is this normal in this niche? Your profile directly states what your native language is.

colettelewis
Community Member

Margaux, 

Your profile contains more than enough information to convince anyone of your whereabouts and your expertise,  and your date of birth is entirely irrelevant to the work you deliver.  If the client has good ratings, then the chances are if you give those details you will be safe doing so (I have to say, that I would not).  You have a terrific profile, but I do suggest you upload a portfolio with a few examples of your  translation work.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members