🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Giving partial refund when a contract has end...
Page options
brontes_pen
Community Member

Giving partial refund when a contract has ended

Hi UpWork community,

I have partially completed a fully funded milestone a few months ago and submitted the partially completed project to my client, but did not request for payment just yet. After that initial submission, the project had to be put on pause. The client did inform me that we will be proceeding with the rest of the project in the near future.

Today, the contract was ended by UpWork due to inactivity. How can I give my client a partial refund (to pay for the completed section of the project)? Shall I file for a dispute?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Maribby C wrote:

How can I give my client a partial refund (to pay for the completed section of the project)?

I don't think you understand what "giving a refund" is. It's when you give money back to the client.

Maribby C wrote:

I have partially completed a fully funded milestone a few months ago and submitted the partially completed project to my client, but did not request for payment just yet.

That was the wrong way to go about it. You should have properly submitted the correct way: Through the "Submit for payment" function. You should have simply adjusted the amount while doing so.

Maribby C wrote:

Shall I file for a dispute?

Talk to your client about issuing a bonus rather than just filing a dispute.

@Petra R Oh yeah! Sorry, that was my pandemic brain mixing things up in my head. 🙂 Thanks, sounds neat. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members