Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail google hangout ID

Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
11 of 15

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Sandra, 

Please know that actions have been taken against the client you have mentioned for a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service

I would recommend that you check the freelancer resources we compiled and tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

And now I wonder what the violation was. We do not need all the details but maybe the subitem. I think it would help other freelancers to understand what to look out for.

Sandra T Member Since: Jun 11, 2018
12 of 15

I am not sure exactly what the violation was.  I just applied for a job posted on Upwork and received a message asking me to get a Gmail Google Hangout ID to get more job info and an interview.  That is when I put a message out in the Community Forum to make sure this was a legitimate job.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 15

Hi Jennifer, 

I am unsure if we can share the reasons why actions have been taken against a user's account. But the Community may refer to Section 4. Prohibited Site Use of the Upwork Terms of Use to know uses of the site that are not allowed. 

-Avery
Untitled
Sandra T Member Since: Jun 11, 2018
14 of 15

Thank you Avery.  I will reread the information.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 15

Sandra encountered a smooth scammer... Someone who she really thought might be legitimate.

I am glad she checked with us anyway. Her decision to do so may well have saved her from losing thousands of dollars.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS