cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail hangout scammers??

Highlighted
Lynda B Member Since: Oct 23, 2018
1 of 5

Is the request for interview on gmail hangout a red flag for scammers? I just received an interview request which appears sketchy.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Prachi T Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Lynda,

I suppose you would find this thread helpful.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Beware-of-Google-Hangout-Scams/m-p/297083 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 5

@Lynda B wrote:

Is the request for interview on gmail hangout a red flag for scammers? I just received an interview request which appears sketchy.

New Client + Payment Method unconfirmed + US based Freelancer + Google Hangout = SCAM

They want to send you a fake check so you can buy a fake "home office" with your real money before the fake check bounces and your real money is gone.

Flag as inappropriate and move on.

Highlighted
Lynda B Member Since: Oct 23, 2018
4 of 5
Thank you! I suspected as much. I am not finding where to flag as
inapproriate though. They sent me an Invitation to Interview, but then when
I click on the job it mentions "Invitation Only" and shows up as "closed"
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
5 of 5

Hi Lynda,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this concern! I checked this for you and please know that actions have been taken against this client's account for violating the Upwork Terms of Service. 

Here's the help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS