Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from bad to worse

lascap_01
Community Guru
Pascal S Member Since: Mar 23, 2016
1 of 60

Upwork is not fullfilling it's promises, June, July and now August have been bad, more and more underpaid job are being posted from eastern countries, and now I can see that US client are immitating them. Sorry but i can't take a 5 days job for 50$ this is ridiculous. I was hoping that the new policy would work but obviously the situation is not getting better and I will have to take a decision soon.

I don't know about other job categories but now Illustrating does not pay enough on this platform.

Pascal

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 60

There are really only 2 places for clients to go unless they've all jumped ship to different models. If I were you, I'd either work on finding another place that isn't a bidding site or sign up on the only 1 real competitor Upwork has and bid in both places.

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
3 of 60

Out of curiosity, what new policy? 

lysis10
Community Guru
4 of 60

There's a new policy?

Some of the most annoying people on the planet are those that sit and complain day after day, moth after month and do nothing to change their situation.

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
5 of 60

@Jennifer M wrote:

There's a new policy?

Some of the most annoying people on the planet are those that sit and complain day after day, moth after month and do nothing to change their situation.

I never understand complaints about the lack of good jobs in certain fields. I equate the platform with the brick and mortar or face to face job market - sometimes it's hot, sometimes it's not. Often, there are junk jobs offered by junk clients with whom I would never work. I suppose my life philosophy is "keep scrolling". 

lysis10
Community Guru
6 of 60

Keep scrolling, do what makes you happy, and know when it's time to move on. That's basically life, huh?

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
7 of 60

@Jennifer M wrote:

Keep scrolling, do what makes you happy, and know when it's time to move on. That's basically life, huh?

Bingo.

Pascal, what is the new policy you mention? To be clear, it's not your particular query that I take issue with. It's just that it's nothing new. This same sort of complaint is evergreen around here.  

lascap_01
Community Guru
Pascal S Member Since: Mar 23, 2016
8 of 60

wow great forum!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 60

I have nothing substantial to add as I am in a different category and am seeing the opposite trend, just wanted to say that I just spent quite some time enjoying your portfolio.

you're very talented and versatile. 

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
10 of 60

@Petra R wrote:

I have nothing substantial to add as I am in a different category and am seeing the opposite trend, just wanted to say that I just spent quite some time enjoying your portfolio.

you're very talented and versatile. 

True story. Your matte paintings, especially, are superb.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS