Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from bad to worse

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
21 of 60

oh so you have the tougher category oic so ur like the oppressed minority of upwork

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
22 of 60

actually it is a serious issue i am not here to joke around i am totally dependent on my old clients,with the experience and feedbacks i have i can get bulk of projects but i cant work for low rates nor can i bid low...

there are few issues and as mentioned before i hope things will be better after sep 1.

lysis10
Community Guru
23 of 60

I'm serious too I don't understand these thing you see. I didn't realize designers have it so much worse than errryone else. The more you know.

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
24 of 60

yeah things are not good and i dont like too spamming the forum again and again...you can judge it after seeing my profile i am facing difficulty in finding new clients even with 900+ completed jobs.

its just few of my old clients which are keeping things working for me here...otherwise i am sick of seeing low budget jobs in my catagorySmiley Sad

lascap_01
Community Guru
Pascal S Member Since: Mar 23, 2016
25 of 60

Rahul... don't waste your time... all she can do is replying like that to everyone

we are not alone to incur her wrath! looks like she is having fun doing it but i won't be her yoyo

cheer mate!

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
26 of 60

Rahul/Pascal: I really think that both of you are suffering for the new option clients have to restrict jobs to U.S. freelancers. 

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
27 of 60

@Tiffany S wrote:

Rahul/Pascal: I really think that both of you are suffering for the new option clients have to restrict jobs to U.S. freelancers. 

I hadn't considered that, but that makes complete sense! Pascal's work speaks for itself, but if he's not even seeing jobs worth his time the geo-restriction could be to blame. Ugh. I've always seen loads of what I deem junk jobs in the design category. But lately it doesn't seem any worse than usual. 

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
28 of 60

Pascal, I'm not in your field but every artist I know uses **edited for Community Guidelines**  to showcase their work. It might be worth taking a look if you aren't already using it.

lysis10
Community Guru
29 of 60

My program on Envato got code reviewed and approved yesterday and I made my first sale today. wheeeeeee

There are so many options out there. If you don't like Upwork or whatever, make changes to your situation. There are so many options for people like us.

I'm never going to understand people who just sit and **Edited for Community Guidelines** every month about how terrible Upwork is. Maybe it is and maybe it's not, but if you are doing so badly and things are so bad why aren't you making strides to improve your situation by finding options? 

dzadza
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
30 of 60

Well - I can tell you that's not the case. There are no big budget jobs in US only design projects.
There were some big budgets on print projects, however - and, of course, those are not awarded (yet).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS