Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from bad to worse

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
51 of 60

Depends on who you're dealing with. I'd hire you.

I know I'm not everybody's cup of tea, too, but I'm committed to WYSIWYG living. If I'm going to grate on a potential client or freelancer I hire, better we all know it up front.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
52 of 60

@Petra R wrote:

I'm doomed then.

DOOMED.

heeeheee me too

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
53 of 60

@Jennifer M wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

I'm doomed then.

DOOMED.

heeeheee me too

All joking aside - Tiff made an excellent point, which I believe we touched on in the communication style thread over in the coffee shop - Better clients and freelancers know what they're working with and whether they enjoy that BEFORE a contract starts than getting a scary surprise some time down the line Smiley Happy

silw
Community Guru
Aron H Member Since: Mar 29, 2017
54 of 60

@Pascal S

I am Art Director of a video game company.

Sad to see you don't take criticism well.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
55 of 60

@Aron H wrote:

@Pascal S

Other people like his work and that's what counts.

lascap_01
Community Guru
Pascal S Member Since: Mar 23, 2016
56 of 60

@Aron H wrote:

@Pascal S

Aron, you are wrong again, I agreed on Petra's and Rene's comments about my text presentation and I will change it, isn't it accepting criticism? I do accept critics, but I don't accept your arguments, My PF is not the negative factor here... it's the lack of clients in the field of work I practice, or the money they are paynig.

If my portfolio was close to be mediocre, I would have heard it from some clients, It never happened and honestly I hear the opposite quite often

Thanks

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
57 of 60

Nobody's doomed. If I had the money I'd hire you all for 3 months every summer, take you all to my island (with children, spouses, cats, dogs, everything) and give a new meaning to "paid holiday".

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
58 of 60

Harddcore Breakfast Club with a twist...

kathrynbaughman
Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
59 of 60

While everyone else is drawn to the Matte Paintings, I am struck by the 3d work.  Pascal, you are missing out on other avenues of residual income.  Drastically.  If you happen to enjoy the 3d side of your work then you really need to check into Daz Studio and Poser.  Between your artistic ability and your 3d modeling ability, you possess exactly what you need to create a decent residual income through those two programs plus Blender and ZBrush.  

I fully understand what you have pointed out with storyboarding, as you are correct.  Storyboards are about emotion and storyline.  The deeper details such as perfecting a helicopter are done by someone else, not the storyboard creator.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
60 of 60

Baris -- I can hardly believe that you have posted only 187 times as of my writing this. You have a real knack for making each one count!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS