cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Training Sites

Ace Contributor
Pat P Member Since: Nov 26, 2013
1 of 9
Hey Guys, What sites do you use for training or tutorials? I know there are several out there that I currently use to get better at my job. Some our for design, some are for freelancing admin help and another is for new business development. Here are the sites I defer to a lot. • Mirren.com This is great site for advertising a marketing new business. It teaches you what clients are looking for in an agency, but can also be applied to freelancing. I do not know about other countries but in the States you can deducted your membership in your taxes. • secondwindonline.com Another great site, this is more focused on internal management, how to get paid, write a contract, managing workflow, etc. Again, I do not know about other countries but in the States you can deducted your membership in your taxes. • creativenerds.co.uk Maybe this is just for design ,and web, but it's still one of my favorite sites and it's FREE. I normally do a tutorial a week in Illustrator or Photoshop to stay sharp. • lynda.com Pretty sure everyone on here has heard of this site but it really is a great resource. It has everything from design tools, copywriting, content management, to Microsoft application, and even project management course—and a video course on freelancing. So what sites do you use?
Ramesh B Member Since: Sep 1, 2013
2 of 9
i use thenewboston.org for programming tutorials and freelancefolder.com for daily read :-)
Najie B Member Since: Oct 8, 2013
3 of 9
w3schools.com
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
4 of 9
I love Coursera.org as the courses there are diverse.. & you get to do case studies, quizzes and meet like minds all the same. Best of all, these are from top universities and you can join + earn a statement of accomplishment for free. You can check out other massive open online course sites aka moocs Smiley Happy
Ace Contributor
Pat P Member Since: Nov 26, 2013
5 of 9
I just signed up for this site. I like that it's like college courses. Thanks for sharing!
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
6 of 9
I'm waiting for my cert from the 3rd course I've taken so far; looks easy at a glance but can be tough Smiley Wink
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
7 of 9
thanks for this thread and for everyone who shared! I'm just using youtube ahaha

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
8 of 9
PRADEEP C Member Since: May 30, 2011
9 of 9
What about the distance learning? Anyone have idea about the online degree or certificate program? how they valued in real life?
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS