cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good fit badge again??§

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
11 of 19

Hi Valeria, is the good fit and recommended badge feature related? I was under the assumption that whoever would see the good fit badge, would also come with the "recommended" badge in the applicants view, and with the discontinuation of the good fit feature, I'd also see the recommended badge go. I think my assumption is wrong.

The reason for why I am asking this is because the recommended feature causes a lot of frustration. Why? Because oDesk really shoves it down our throats and promotes the candidates hard, making it very difficult to ignore the suggestions by always defaulting the applicants view to the "best matches", and sending a separate email for each recommended freelancer to make us aware that they have arrived. This would be a nice feature if it worked right, but it doesn't. The quality of the folks who get the badge is not very high. I am actually surprised how many brand new to oDesk people get it. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 19

Hi Krisztina,

No, Recommended Freelancers feature is not directly related to the Good Fit and it is still available for all the clients. We do appreciate your feedback about your experience with the recommendations and we are sharing it with our Product Team that is looking at ways to improve the feature.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
13 of 19

Thank you, Valeria. I think the main flaw with the feature is that the algorithm seems set up in a way that for each job, it has to generate a certain amount of good fits aka recommended freelancers regardless of qualification or actually being a good fit. The feature says these are freelancers that are recommended by oDesk, when I believe what it should say, amongst all people that applied, oDesk deems these the best fit. It seems to be a "best of the worst" feature, when I believe I speak for most people when I say I don't want to hire the best of the worst. If no truly recommendation worthy freelancers applied, then I would prefer to not get any recommendations.

Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
14 of 19

Saw another one again this morning.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
15 of 19

Good feedback Krisztina, thanks for sharing. 

To clarify on Valeria's comment above. While the Good Fit badge we expired and the Recommended jobs are related, they don't use the exact same info when assessing "fit." 

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
16 of 19

algorithm = mad robot...no compute...no compute...no compute....

Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
17 of 19

I saw the lesser-spotted Good Fit badge yesterday. It was on a video editing job; an area in which I have no skills or experience. I've never yet seen it on an audio production job, which is what I actually do.

Community Guru
Natalia G Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
18 of 19

Yeah, I saw the Good Fit badge yesterday too. It was the second time in my life I had seen it...

It was for a job that penalized you $0.50 for every word you got wrong in a translations (I am not kidding), see my thread about it in "coffee break".

Sigh...

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
19 of 19

Maybe oDesk is going to announce that the left the good fit badge on some jobs like an easter egg hunt, and if you find it you win a prize? Smiley Tongue A bigger prize to the one who finds the most..

Ron, you made me giggle just about spit my water at your no compute lol

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS