cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good fit...for who??

Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
21 of 42
Well, I don't think I'm part of the "good fit" program, since I've never seen it when applying to a job. But my "recommended jobs" list is absolutely amazing : out of 20 recommended jobs, there are only 2 English to French translation jobs, the remaining 18 are either for translations to languages unknown to me (Thai, Japanese, German, Spanish, Punjabi etc), or for English writing jobs. Now, about the 2 English-French translation jobs : one has been posted 11 days ago (no verified payment method, no hires), the other one has been posted 8 days ago (entry level, which I don't do). Well, I don't understand, I can see English-French translation (or proofreading) jobs and I even applied to two of them this week (one I've been refused, the other one I've been ignored). The thing is, fortunately I've got on-going work with old clients here and I'm also working more and more on other platforms, because the way things are going, it's not getting very reassuring !
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
22 of 42
Hi Corinne, The 'good fit' sign usually appears in the top, right hand once you click onto a job ad and the system thinks that you're a good fit for that role. It's a green square. There isn't anything to sign up for.
Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
23 of 42
Hi Gillian, well I think someone from oDesk said that this "good fit" program was in a testing phase and I don't think I'm part of it, because the sign never shows (unless the system thinks I'm never a good fit -I wouldn't be much surprised, btw- ! but I tried to click on one my recommended jobs (the german translation ;-)) and the sign didn't show either, that's why I thought I was not participating in the testing phase)
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
24 of 42
OK, I see.
Ace Contributor
Rabia A Member Since: Apr 13, 2011
25 of 42
same here, maybe it's in a testing phase, I haven't seen any "good fit" sign on any of the jobs I've applied to. As far as job recommendations are concerned, the job feed I'm getting matches pretty well with my skills.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
26 of 42
"As far as job recommendations are concerned, the job feed I'm getting matches pretty well with my skills." Must be a glitch...
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
27 of 42
[quote=Stephen B.]"As far as job recommendations are concerned, the job feed I'm getting matches pretty well with my skills." Must be a glitch...[/quote] If it works, it's a glitch. Just standby, they will break it. This site has gone downhill in the few years I have been here. I might look at job posting, but the ones that show up are days+days old. Seems search never lists the newer the jobs until i so a manual search.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
28 of 42
LoL Welcome back!
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
29 of 42
I think so too.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
30 of 42
I'm not in the "good fit" program yet, either. But the very first of my recommended jobs says "I am looking for contractors with the lowest rates." Looking at the job description, this is one for the "cheap jobs" thread. Edit: It's there now. Have a laugh.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS