cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good fit...for who??

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
31 of 42
My Recommended Jobs List feature is a complete joke. Take a look at what I see: > Certified Independent Agent (for sales and marketing) > Certified Salesforce Expert Developer > IBM Certified Professional > Certified Salesforce Developer > Certified Magento Developer > Adwords Certified Professional > GPM Certified Programmer > Certified Court Reporter > Google Certified PPC Tech > Google Adwords Certified > Certified Business Developement & Sales Internship > Certified TOEFL School > Telesales Agent > Telesales Agent > Telemarketing Agent > Patent Agent > Zendesk set up Agent > Events Agent > Advertising Agent > Phone Agent And that's just the 20 first recommended jobs I see. I am not so motivated to click on Load More Jobs. It picks up the keywords "Certified" and "Agent" from my job title "IATA Certified Travel Agent" and recommends me all sorts of jobs except the one that I am actually certified for. These clients are looking for people who are either certified or agents in their resp fields, and oDesk recommend them to people like me who have no skills for this kind of jobs. Here is the ultimate joke though... I contacted oDesk support once for a technical issue and got the advice to apply for the jobs. Are you kidding me?? Which one? The Certified Court Reporter, the Certified Magento Developer, the Certified TOEFL School, or the Zendesk set up Agent?? And what exactly should I answer on the client's question for these jobs?? 1. Have you worked on a similar job before? No, but I am a hard worker and can do clown tricks for you. 2. What part of this project most appeals to you? The "Zen" in "Zendesk" because it reminds me of meditation. 3. Which part of this project do you think will take the most time? Zazen because it requires deep concentration. I look forward to working with you! Are you kidding me oDesk??? Edit: Just read the job post you mentioned. =)
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
32 of 42
[quote=Natasa R.]It picks up the keywords "Certified" and "Agent" from my job title "IATA Certified Travel Agent" [/quote] Hi Natasa Smiley Happy My recommended jobs are all about Portuguese. Do you think it would help if I hide the test? Here are some of them: >Marketing Tools - English to Portuguese >English to Portuguese Translation Job >Translation from English to Brasilian Portuguese >TRANSLATION english TO portuguese >Translate English to Brazilian Portuguese >Portuguese to english 3881 words >From English to Brazilian-Portuguese or from Italian to Brazilian-Portuguese
Community Guru
33 of 42
Hey Natasha! LOL I really don't know. I guess it depends what you don't work with. :bigsmile:
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
34 of 42
I was looking at your posts and thinking 'why are all of these posts from the same Natasha? Then I realized that you're 2 different people. lol My brain is switching off. Think it's time for bed lol
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
35 of 42
Well, it's bad when you have to answer your own post.... Take care Natasha and Natasha.
Community Guru
36 of 42
[quote]Well, it's bad when you have to answer your own post....[/quote] LOL Imagine that!
Community Guru
37 of 42
We get that a lot. :-)
Community Guru
38 of 42
[quote=Natasa R.]Hey Natasha! LOL I really don't know. I guess it depends what you don't work with. :bigsmile:[/quote] I removed translations from my categories and skills, I actually had only one skill check-marked about translations, but it was English to Spanish. This one was posted 8 hours ago, it's already on my list of recommend jobs. >Need English to Portuguese translation And this one 13 hours ago >Meeting translation. .English - Brasil Portuguese
Community Guru
39 of 42
I gave up on this feature long time ago because I never get to see any recommended jobs that match my skills. It's just a feature sitting there for no reason.
Community Guru
40 of 42
I will just ignore my recommend jobs.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS