🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Goodevening
Page options
doll028
Community Member

Goodevening

Hi . I would like to ask for help. I have a client who makes me work for a fixed price contract of $100. at first, he funded me $20 which is not in our contract, and ask him about it. but he told me he will pay the full amount upon finishing my work with him. So I did the work and get my $20 pay for Initial pay. after that when I finish all the work and submitted my work he decline it and accuse me that I did 50% correct only on the work I did which I exert effort on working for it two weeks. I agree to check and remake my work again and worked another week. when I tried to submit again the work he decline again and send me photos that my work is not correct and ask me to do it again. I don't know what is wrong with him he keeps on telling me my work is wrong and changing it. I decided to end the contract and ask him to end it and be refunded the $80 which I agreed to because I don't have anything to do about it. but now he chatted me again and ask for the $20 refund which I believe I worked hard for. so I deserve that $20 pay. and accuse me of fraud and whatsoever. I wanted the Upwork platform to know about these issues and help me resolve them fairly. It's really unfair on my part, he will get the $20 refund which I spent two weeks working on. Please help me thankyou

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

There is nothing to resolve. Upwork tells you explicitely to never work on an unfunded milestone. No serious client ever expects you to do that or pressures you into it. 

doll028
Community Member

I trusted him because he has verified payment method on the platform. He requested the $20 amount on the Upwork platform to be refunded which he paid me about three weeks ago if I'm not mistaken. What actions should I take? I am worried, because I worked hard for that $20. As a freelancer I have dedicated my entire time and effort working and it's easy for them to just ask for a refund like that. I hope Upwork would be fair about this matter. 

tagrendy
Community Member

Well, I don't suppose you would be willing to pay $291 for arbitration, which is the only way to force payment to be released from Escrow when client asks for refund. If I am right, then what you need to do is let go. Yes, the client was abusive, and there are many more like him. Learn the lesson and move on. You should not work on unfunded milestone, you should not agree to unreasonable terms, such as funding only $20 out of $100 and it doesn't matter what reasoning client give you. Have your own terms, don't just go along with whatever client demands, it never ends well. 

Wish you to have better experiences in the future. Work on hourly contracts and use the Timetracker to ensure you will get paid for your time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members