🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Google Business Listing
Page options
22cfa582
Community Member

Google Business Listing

Hi, 

A prospect client asked me to set up a Google Business using my gmail account. At first he said I have to list 3 businesses before he sends me an offer. After I listed one business, I stopped because I feel like it is a violation of either Google's Terms or Upwork's. When I stopped responding to him, he sent me an offer. I did not accept the offer yet because I am not sure if this is legal or not. But he kept asking me to finish the job. When I said I'll get back to him tomorrow since it is already late where I am, he declined my proposal for the job. I am not sure if I should flag the job as inappropriate. May I ask for your thoughts? He is payment method verified but 0% hire rate. also just a member today.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ma Paula, 

I can confirm that this violates Google's Terms of Service. Have you flagged the job post yet? You can follow the steps in this help article to flag the client's job post and account. 

In the future, please don't hesitate to flag suspicious user activity by following the steps in the article I noted above. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Why does the client not use his own gmail?

that's what's fishy, right? He made it like it was just like an acceptance test then he asked me to add another user as manager of the business. he claims it's just a dummy account. in the end, I removed the listed business and did not proceed with the job. 

5ceef239
Community Member

Red flag....drop him.

thanks, I did. 

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Scam. Flag it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ma Paula, 

I can confirm that this violates Google's Terms of Service. Have you flagged the job post yet? You can follow the steps in this help article to flag the client's job post and account. 

In the future, please don't hesitate to flag suspicious user activity by following the steps in the article I noted above. 

~ Avery
Upwork
22cfa582
Community Member

Hi Avery,

The client declined my proposal and I can't find the Flag as Inappropriate button on the job listing. Is there ny other way to report him? I see that he already hired two people for the job.

Thanks

Paula

re: "Is there ny other way to report him?"

Your work here is done.

Move on.

If you are unable to flag the job posting as inappropriate, then assume someone else already did so.

You already told us that YOU flagged the job. That's all you need to do in order to report.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members