🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Google Download Warning/Error
Page options
rlamberson7
Community Member

Google Download Warning/Error

Hi: I have run into two issues with file downloads today. When I attempted to download a file that was attached to a client message, Google blocked the download. I sent a message to a different client earlier today and he has been unable to download my attachments. Was there a certificate change or something similar that is flagging documents in UpWork? Thanks! Ron

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Use FTP, Dropbox, etc.

JoanneP

Hi Ron,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
e733b1da
Community Member

I am also having the same issue

Hi Jeff and Benny,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
f7c8a07b
Community Member

same issue - and I cannot figure-out how to submit a support ticket. ty

storyteller1
Community Member

I've run into that same problem "This file contains a virus or malware." I believe this is due to something that Upwork did (as this exact problem occured before and they had to correct it.)

I tried to download a file I'd originally sent via messages today as it was (should have been) the quickest way to access it.  I wasn't able to do so. This was a Word file with no clever formatting, no tracking or comments. 

***I do not want a ticket opened. I don't currently have time to waste trying to prove I can't do something. I have no reason to lie and simply wanted to point out it appears to be a general problem.***

iaabraham
Community Member

A few of us are experiencing the same issue: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Can-t-download-files-in-Chrome/td-p/517836/page/17

This is an Upwork-wide problem and they shouldn't open individual tickets for us. Please just fix the issue. It's really annoying.

d95cc9b8
Community Member

hi, i'm having this same issue. when i download says the file is a dangerous file. Even files that have been downloaded beefore.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths