🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Google Form alternative for clients / An Opti...
Page options
paywell
Community Member

Google Form alternative for clients / An Optimization Idea

This is an idea to optimize the client experience and make it possible to fill out forms without breaking the Upwork TOS. 

Many clients seem to require filling out forms before the contract begins. Since all of those require a logged in Google account - this means sharing your contact data before a contract begins. 

Therefore, I would like to ask whether Upwork would like to consider teaming up with Google or "simply" creating their own type of forms?

The way I see it implemented, would be another tab in the Proposals view, with the client's questions in the columns and a list of freelancer's answers in the rows. 

This solution is compatible with "boosted proposals": the first three rows could be filled with the top 3 candidates.

I imagine, that filtering and sorting functions should also be available for each column.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Hundreds of clients, and nobody ever asked me to fill in a google form. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a scammer thing to get people outside of upwork. 

The funny thing is, that clients who spend a couple of / or even tens of thousands USD on the platform seem to suffer from this TOS forgetfulness (and posting Google Forms with address requests in them, marked as an "obligatory field").

I have also stumbled upon clients with lots of jobs posted and big budgets spent on the platform (yet not belonging to the "Enterprise" group of clients) who do the same, and (although this is another topic) - request Google Meetups instead of Zoom calls. 

But back to the topic at hand:

I sure would like there to be a way to make it all seamless and safe. This requires some kind of Google or Excel forms functionality to be introduced.

I hope that the Upwork team could consider such an implementation.

virtualbrix
Community Member

Sounds like a scam for sure!

virtualbrix
Community Member

I agree that a builtin feature would be awesome

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members