🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Google Login Issue
Page options
bdeff0b8
Community Member

Google Login Issue

Hello, I've created a new email just for upwork, I edited it on my contact info and it was updated, however, whenever I log in I get the message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method" and end up using the old email address. Can someone please guide me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Fatima,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
PradeepH

Hello Fatima,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi I'm also having this issue. May I get help?

Hi Josephine,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I created a new google account and updated on my Upwork setting however I still have to log in using my old google account. Why is that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erica,

Could you please go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your old Google account and link the new one? Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have messages on Upwork, and I tried to login the regular way and it prompted me to login through Google then..

I keep getting this error message:

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

Please help

Hi Courtney,

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
d55bc8bd
Community Member

Hi, I'm also having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Johan,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
20dc5c97
Community Member

Im having the same issue - i've had to create another account to message here. The error i get is :

you have not activated the google sign in method for this account. please choose another sign in method for this email address. But there are no other options..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles logging in. Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7c7f128a
Community Member

Hi! I'm also having the same issue with my original account

Hello, I've created a new email just for upwork, I edited it on my contact info and it was updated, however, whenever I log in I get the message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method" and end up using the old email address. Can someone please guide me?

Hi Adryan,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
87c28442
Community Member

I also experiencing the same problem with my main account. May I also get some help please? I have to create this second account in order to participate in this discussion and get some help but I would really like to retrieve my first account and continue my ongoing proposals there 😔

Hi Here Linz,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue signing into your Upwork account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello may I ask if you received my private message?

c66c2958
Community Member

Hello, I've created a new email just for upwork, I edited it on my contact info and it was updated, however, whenever I log in I get the message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method" and when i try the email login it redirects to google login.

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths