cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Search found my job posting

george1222
george g Member Since: Jan 19, 2018
1 of 2

When I do a google search for my company, the Upwork job posting comes up, how can i make it so it doesnt?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 2

Hi George, 

I checked your account and can see that this job post has already been closed. You will be unable to set this job post to private, but I'll ask the Customer Support Team if they can do it on their end. 

If you have an active job post, or if you will be creating one, you should be able to edit the job's visibility by following the steps below: 

1. Click the Jobs tab.
  2. Locate the job you want in your Open Jobs and click Make Public or Make Private in the Actions menu.
    • Public jobs appear in freelancers' job searches. Choose this so that they can find your job on their own. You may also opt to allow your job to be visible on search engines.
    • Private, invitation-only jobs don't appear in searches, so you'll need to take the time to find and invite all the freelancers you need.

Please note that once this job post is set to private, it may take a while for Google to de-index the search result from their pages.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS