🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Google meet
Page options
1effe5b1
Community Member

Google meet

Yesterday I talked to a client using google meet he's a trusted and old client he told me that he need one week to prepare the brief then start contract on Upwork but I noticed that he interviewed another 2 freelancers so he may work with one of them.

I contact the support team and told them about the call and they told me that he should start a contract with me or I have a big problem, I tried to talk to him but he's offline.

Can I know which type of problems may I face and if it can be solved?

16 REPLIES 16
1effe5b1
Community Member

I rememberd, while talking to client I sent him some sample and links using Upwork messenger 

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

I think you should just let him decide whom he wants to work with! Going to the client with that reasoning and asking to be hired is highly unprofessional. 

The problem they are referring to is about your call on Google meet before the contract started, you are not allowed to communicate with clients outside of Upwork unless there is a contract. 

1effe5b1
Community Member

So would my account be permanently suspended 

I do not think your account will be suspended for this, you may receive a warning but since you already reported it to the team they may let it slip considering you were unaware of the rule. 

Just do not do this in the future. And wait for the client to get back to you and do not think too much about it for now! 

Thanks for you kind response 

If he is your old client, that means if he has hired you already in Upwork officially, nothing wrong contacting him through any means. But all financial transactions should be made through Upwork only.

Thanks for your reply.

But he is not my old client. I met him 2 days ago and he gave me the google meet link. and I couldn't join at that time as here was midnight. So I have to have meeting must because I was sorry.
Please help me what can I do.

Currently I'm interviewing yet through chat.

Thank you do much for your effort

Hello Upwork community.

I have meeting with client using google meet just now and I'm not sure he will hire me because he is interviewing with 10 feelancers. I just saw this post that it's not allow to do google meet before start contract.

What can I do now? my account will get suspend soon?

Please help me. what can I do?

Report him to Upwork. 

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Should I let him know about it?

and also I cannot see report button. where can I find the report button?

Thanks

There is an option in the job posting page below the 'Apply now' button' -  Flag as inappropriate

Click that and submit the details.

No need to let him know. 

Thanks for your response

And should I stop chat with him even though he hire me in this upwork?

If he has hired you in Upwork, what is the problem? Follow all the rules including payment protection to get you paid. 

And dont forget contacting directly without being hired is against the ToS of Upwork. But once hired, you can contact them directly - and make sure all the financial transactions are through Upwork. 

Hi Thanks for your kind response.

But as we are interviewing yet, I'm not sure he will hire me. 

If he hire someone else, my account is get suspend?

abbc059d
Community Member

Google meet

Hello Upwork community.

I have meeting with client using google meet just now and I'm not sure he will hire me because he is interviewing with 10 feelancers. I just saw this post that it's not allow to do google meet before start contract.

What can I do now? my account will get suspend soon?

Currently I'm contacting with him and he might hire me but I'm not sure.

Please help me. what can I do?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members