🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Google meeting link by a Prospective Client
Page options
alishoaibqbo
Community Member

Google meeting link by a Prospective Client

I have received the google meeting link by the prospective client for the interview. She was not aware of the zoom/call feature inside the upwork platform. 

What would be the recommendation for me in this scenerio?

1-Should I report the conversation with the client contaning google meeting link ?

OR

2-Should I just need to inform her to use the zoom or call feature inside the upwork? which I have already done and guided her about the communication channel inside the Upwork and scheduled a meeting today. 

Note: Contract is not yet started, Will be started in a day or two.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out. It's good to know that you are adhering to Upwork ToS by not communicating outside Upwork prior to a contract starting. This prevents possible scams and ensures that your account is safe from being suspended for violating ToS. 

We cannot assume that this was intentional on the client's part so it would be best to inform them of the Zoom feature in the message center as well as flagging the account so our team can also review and take necessary actions if needed. That way, if it turns out to be a scam/spam, our Trust and Safety team can remove the job post and you can get your Connects back.

Thank you for keeping the marketplace safe!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out. It's good to know that you are adhering to Upwork ToS by not communicating outside Upwork prior to a contract starting. This prevents possible scams and ensures that your account is safe from being suspended for violating ToS. 

We cannot assume that this was intentional on the client's part so it would be best to inform them of the Zoom feature in the message center as well as flagging the account so our team can also review and take necessary actions if needed. That way, if it turns out to be a scam/spam, our Trust and Safety team can remove the job post and you can get your Connects back.

Thank you for keeping the marketplace safe!

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members