🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Got Hourly project - did 5 hr work - asked cl...
Page options
tanujwadhwa
Community Member

Got Hourly project - did 5 hr work - asked clients feedback and to end contract & payment, But !!

!! Needs support from Upwork Team !!  

Hi,

I got my second project on Upwork from a Hotelier in France. It was Hourly work, however I did that and completed in 5 hrs and that was the agreed deal too before starting the work.

Today when I asked the client if he has reviewed the Data Extracted file and was happy with that, then he can leave the feedback and then end the Contract to release the payment.

I have logged my time in Upwork with notes for the hours worked.

In my previous project which was Fixed Price, I had option to end the contract and ask for payment.

But in this project, after ending the contract I dont see any invoice etc . How will i get paid ? Now I dont have option to ask for payment. Why didnt the invoice get raised automatically ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tanuj,

When you`re working on hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday for the time tracked in the previous week. To view in what stage your funds are go to Reports > Overview.
To learn more about how you`re getting paid on Hourly contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tanuj W wrote:

!! Needs support from Upwork Team !!  

Hi,

I got my second project on Upwork from a Hotelier in France. It was Hourly work, however I did that and completed in 5 hrs and that was the agreed deal too before starting the work.

Today when I asked the client if he has reviewed the Data Extracted file and was happy with that, then he can leave the feedback and then end the Contract to release the payment.

I have logged my time in Upwork with notes for the hours worked.

In my previous project which was Fixed Price, I had option to end the contract and ask for payment.

But in this project, after ending the contract I dont see any invoice etc . How will i get paid ? Now I dont have option to ask for payment. Why didnt the invoice get raised automatically ?

The payment will be automatic. 

To clarify: when you clicked submit for payment for the fixed price contract, you DID NOT end the contract simultanously, that is a different step. Always let the client do it, because he has to give feedback at that point. 

In my first project the client was unresponsive and it was really bad experience working with him. He responds once a week and it took 30 days to get my payment against 24 hrs from start to end of project. It was really frustrating working with him. He hasnt left any feedback and neither responds to any upwork email. I asked him to end the contract as but again he never responded for 10 days so i ended the contract and pressed the Ask for Payment button

In this second project the client is great, i got an hourly project. So again I asked him to approve and end the contract  so that payment can be released. Only query was when he ended the contract i thouhgt the invoice would get raised and whenever the payment will happen it will happen. so this part was confusing and. At least an invoice should exist in the system under my contract that this is the invoice and it will be billed ot the client on Next Monday.

This piece of functionality should be there for the freelancers & clients

Tanuj W wrote:

I asked him to end the contract as but again he never responded for 10 days so i ended the contract and pressed the Ask for Payment button

There is no such function or button while ending a contract.

With a fixed rate contract, you do the work and then submit it through the "submit for payment" function on the contract. Even if the client never responds, you get paid 14 days later.

You need to familiarize yourself with how Upwork payments work before you take on any more contracts.

petra_r
Community Member

Tanuj W wrote:

.... then he can leave the feedback and then end the Contract to release the payment.

What do you mean? That doesn't "release the payment?"

Tanuj W wrote:

.How will i get paid ? Now I dont have option to ask for payment. Why didnt the invoice get raised automatically ?

It will. You need to familiarize yourself with how payments work.

Read this "Get Paid For Hourly Contracts"

As long as you tracked your hours properly, you get paid automatically.

BillingCycle

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tanuj,

When you`re working on hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday for the time tracked in the previous week. To view in what stage your funds are go to Reports > Overview.
To learn more about how you`re getting paid on Hourly contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran,

And that would mean that only for Fixed Price the amount goes directly into Escrow, but not for hourly , because it gets billed ot the client on Monday for the previous week.

Just 1 quick query - does it mean that Nothing shows up related to Escrow from contract start untill then Monday when the invoice gets raised to the client .

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members