🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Got My FIrst project
Page options
rmtayyab
Community Member

Got My FIrst project

Hey 

few days ago i posted for a project and got it today as it is my first project it's hourly based and i'm new so does not know how to start work and how hourly dairy will count my hours and when i'll get paid it says the project payment is $300 but it's hourly project 

6 REPLIES 6
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Congratulations on landing your first project. It can't be both hourly and have a fixed price, it has to be one or the other. Before you do anything else, you need to go to the Help and Support section and read everything you can find about how contracts work and how/when to get paid.

It says that the project price is $300
kat303
Community Member

kat303
Community Member

Raja - if the contract states that the price is $300 then it's probably a fixed rate job. it can't be both. Take a look at your contract. If you see content that says Milestones and Earnings, and also if you see the work Escrow mentioned then it's a fixed rate job. (on fixed rate jobs, no matter how many hours you work you will only get paid what the client deposits into escrow. On hourly jobs, there is no escrow. The client is billed at the end of the week by Upwork.

Because of the comment that you don't know how to start a job or to set up Tracker for hourly jobs, IMO you are setting yourself up for a disaster. I STRONGLY suggest, that before you go any further, you read EVERY single link under every section on this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Raja:

Kathy and Phyllis are right:

A contract can't be both a fixed-price contract AND an hourly contract. You'll need to figure out which type you have before you work on this.

On RARE occasions, a client tries to mix elements of both contract models. I don't know if that's what is confusing you - if you are in a situation like that. But those types of set-ups usually ends BADLY for the freelancer. (Upwork certainly doesn't officially support such mixing. It's just clients telling freelancers confusing stuff.)

This is possibly a situation where it's an hourly contract, but the client has put a budget limit of $300.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths