Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a question about escrow and the 90 days

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
1 of 3

I know that escrow is auto-returned after 90 days of inactivity. Here is my question.

What if there is some drag on the customer's side and there is back and forth on the release for the escrow. In my case, we're 2 months in to the funded escrow and the customer keeps giong back and forth with me. I submit to the escrow, he waits 3-4 days and tells me he needs changes, I submit back to the milestone same day, but then he comes back 3-4 days again and says he needs changes.

Even with activity like that, will the escrow go back in 90 days? This is $2800 so it's not a small amount. I need to know if I need to act or if I can just work with what I got and go back and forth until we finally clear things up.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, if you submit work/request payment and the client requests changes through the system, the Escrow account is considered active and the process of auto-closure won't start yet. If you can't come to an agreement with the client and they don't release payment for the work completed and submitted, you can initiate a dispute. Check out this article (first case: "a dispute on active contract" will apply to your situation.)

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 3

yayyyy thank you Valeria. That's been hanging over my head and I was getting a bit worried. This isn't the model contract, but I'd like to get through it and get paid. I think it's still manageable without the dispute process thankfully. But thank you for that info.

You've made my day. Thanks, lady. Huge concern lifted!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS