🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Got an hourly contract, but the client doesn'...
Page options
misha_karagezyan
Community Member

Got an hourly contract, but the client doesn't respond anymore

hello, the community!

a week ago I made a proposal and received an offer. it is an hourly contract. the client's history is ok, so I accepted the contract. But since then he never replayed, although I see him online. I try to call, but no answer. 

I went to the original contract and found that he hired one more person, and thought that maybe he preferred to work with that freelancer, but later I found that she also has no earnings on her contract. 

So I wonder what should I do about it? Wait or abort the contract? Or maybe try to get connected with the client outside the Upwork (I found his account on Facebook)? I am a new one on Upwork, I don't even have a JSS. I know that a contract without earnings is not that good for JSS, but it will be ok for one time. Really feel frustrated about it(

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

In future, do NOT accept a contract until you have what you need to start and either log a minimum of 10 minutes of time or complete the first milestone.

Mikhail K wrote:

So I wonder what should I do about it? Wait or abort the contract?

Wait

Mikhail K wrote:

Or maybe try to get connected with the client outside the Upwork (I found his account on Facebook)? 

That would be a serious violation of the terms of service and get you suspended from the platform.

Mikhail K wrote:

I don't even have a JSS. I know that a contract without earnings is not that good for JSS, but it will be ok for one time.

It won't affect you for a couple of months, so there is no upside to closing or aborting the contract. It isn't "ok for one time" either.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

In future, do NOT accept a contract until you have what you need to start and either log a minimum of 10 minutes of time or complete the first milestone.

Mikhail K wrote:

So I wonder what should I do about it? Wait or abort the contract?

Wait

Mikhail K wrote:

Or maybe try to get connected with the client outside the Upwork (I found his account on Facebook)? 

That would be a serious violation of the terms of service and get you suspended from the platform.

Mikhail K wrote:

I don't even have a JSS. I know that a contract without earnings is not that good for JSS, but it will be ok for one time.

It won't affect you for a couple of months, so there is no upside to closing or aborting the contract. It isn't "ok for one time" either.

thanks)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members