🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Got into a contract which affected my JSS, if...
Page options
ceefaeca
Community Member

Got into a contract which affected my JSS, if I refund full money now will it help my JSS?

I am confused if I refund the client, who already gave me poor feedback which led to a 5% fall of my JSS on Sunday,  will it diminish some bad impact on my JSS? 

He just requested a refund and I added time manually (I didn't know that I can lose every chance of being heard by adding time manually) which means he will probably soon file a dispute too.

If I refund the whole money will it give some relief to my JSS? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Aru,

No. Refunds do not directly impact your Job Success Score. However, if you refund the full amount of a contract and your client leaves positive feedback, it will not be included in your JSS. This is because contracts with good feedback but no earnings aren't considered in the score.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aru,

Refunding the funds will only remove the public feedback. The private feedback will still be included in your JSS calculation. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ceefaeca
Community Member

Thanks for your reply Bojan.

I am aware of it. What I am asking is if this one job that affected my JSS will affect me again (like double negative impact) once the refund is completed? 

Is there anything such as that? 

Hi Aru,

No. Refunds do not directly impact your Job Success Score. However, if you refund the full amount of a contract and your client leaves positive feedback, it will not be included in your JSS. This is because contracts with good feedback but no earnings aren't considered in the score.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ceefaeca
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Aru,

If I understood correctly, it is okay to refund the full amount and as the client has already given private feedback on a particular contract, it will have the only impact because of the private feedback not due to the refund as well. 

Thanks for the information. 

Hello Aru,

Thank you for your message. Yes, refunding the full amount will only remove public feedback left on the contract and will not affect the private feedback left by a client. That said if the client has left you private feedback refund will not impact your JSS.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H, 

Hope you are doing great. I just know about one thing . 

If I done alot of efforts to satisfy client give a more concept but atlast client ended our contract (hourly) and claim for refund so their feedback impact our JSS? Or if i fully refunded their amount so their public feedback show in my feedback ?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members