🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Got scammed by client asking for help
Page options
c55561ef
Community Member

Got scammed by client asking for help

Got scammed by this user.
Already help him through his/him project. After complete it he directly block me, not even pay me.

She/He talk to me was a HR for his/her Company.
Her/his boss ask to help search for worker that can solve the problem

Anything i can do to get paid?
Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Job Posted:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
ArjayM

Hi Christian,

I'm really sorry to hear about this disappointing experience you had with a client and we appreciate you reporting this here. I see that the job was removed for violation of our Terms of Service. We are unable to discuss further details on the action taken on other users' accounts for confidentiality purposes.

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
grendon
Community Member

Hi Christian. It's unfortunate that you had to go through that. 

Forget about getting paid, because you won't. But, use this as a learning experience so you'll know better next time somebody ask you to work for free or on a promise of a good payment. You should always have a funded contract with them, and preferably an hourly job, where you will be protected by Upwork if you use the desktop app to log the hours. 

And remember to always keep communications inside Upwork, at least until you have an active contract. Even then, I would keep communications inside as much as posible. 

c55561ef
Community Member

Thank You so much for the feedback. Will be more careful in future

harisfaisal1
Community Member

That's unfortunate! My condolences.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Christian: You used Upwork incorrectly.

The good news:
It is your fault that you didn't get paid for this work.

This is GOOD because it means that YOU can choose to do things differently next time. So YOU can choose to not get scammed like this in the future.

Thank You so much for the feedback. New things to learn, new experience and need to be more careful before work together.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members