🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Govt. ID gets rejected
Page options
shanekarvin
Community Member

Govt. ID gets rejected

To verify my identity, I need to upload my government issued ID.
1. The photo and the details are on two sides of my ID card in Sri Lanka. ( so I can't upload 2 images at once to submit)
2. My government issued ID is in Sinhala Language but I hope that ain't an issue.

I have completed the video verification. But still my Govt. Issued ID get's rejected.

I need quick assistance since upwork gives me a deadline to verify before 2nd June.

Thank you...
Shane

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shane,

Please go to your Account - Settings - Identity verification. Click on the Try Again button and upload the other side of your ID. 

If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

But everytime I upload the front, they say "ID couldn't be verified, please upload a valid government issued  and try again" 
But it works with the back side of the ID. but after one days of submission, it gets rejected.

Hi Shane, I checked this with our team and your ID should be accepted now and your verification process successfully completed. Let us know if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,
I'm applying for ID verification now so the problem is I'm also from Sri Lanka and I intend to put my national ID for the verification process. Im thinking of scanning my national ID (through camscanner mobile application) and applying a "pdf document" containing both sides in 2 consecutive pages.
I just want to know whether what I'm about to do is OK with your verification procedures.

Hi Raveen,

Feel free to upload your National ID Card following instructions shared in this help article. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lead_gen
Community Member

Hi, I am MD. Al Amin from Bangladesh. I am facing the same problem. I am uploading a front side government id but every time they say "ID couldn't be verified, please upload a valid government-issued  and try again" 

Visual verification "Successfully verified"

Someone Help me, please.

Hi MD. Al,

I can see that you're already communicating with our team via ticket. Rest assured, one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am an Upwork membership. I have verified the same id for membership. I provided my same ID, then they accepted but are not accepting now

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths