cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic Design - WORK AT HOME SCAM!!!

threegamma
Shanshan W Member Since: Jul 17, 2017
1 of 7

I randomly received the email regarding a job from Upwork.com.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

When I looked up **edited for Community Guidelines**, this turned out to be a classical SCAM.

The most shocking thing is not the scam. It's UpWork would send the Invitation of a SCAM to me, I thought it's trustworthy due to the link is from you. Hopefully, it will be helpful for the other freelancer users. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 7

Are you suggesting that Upwork should be reviewing each message you receive from a prospective client and deciding which ones to allow you to read?

threegamma
3 of 7

No no, I'm suggesting that Upwork SHOULD NOT be reviewing each message you receive from a prospective client and deciding which ones to allow you to read, and SHOULD NOT find out which employer is trustworthy. 

I am suggesting all freelancer, who's looking for a job SHOULD be aware of the SCAM, which just happened to me through the email, EVEN it's official.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 7

Upwork didn't send you the invitation. The client sent you the invitation. That is Tiffany's point.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 7

Here is a clue for u

anyone who tells you that you can "work from home" is scamming you

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 7

Hi Shanshan, 

I would like to clarify that this was not an email from Upwork inviting you for the job. Instead, you received this email because this was sent to you by the client via your Upwork account, and your notifications are set in such a way that you recieve emails when you receive a job invite. 

I will report this job post to the team for their action. Thank you for sharing this here. 

~ Avery
Upwork
threegamma
7 of 7

I thought it's the email is from Upwork, because the ending is not trying to discriminate between official Upwork email or just from the individual employer user. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'll be watching out of the Payment unverified ones. 

Thank you, Avery!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS