🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Great dinner invite by Upwork, really appreci...
Page options
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Great dinner invite by Upwork, really appreciated

Strange situation.

Woke up at 5:45 AM. I see something green on my phone so I better check fast. 

Oh, nice I'm being invited to a Top Rated dinner in Belgrade. Hm, why not. I could go once, I'm thinking.

Awesome. Let me click that apply button. Hm, lemme try again. It seems all seats are taken. Yeah, right. 

This wouldn't seem so funny if the invitation email was not sent at 5 AM. 

So the email is received at 5 AM in the morning, and all the seats are taken at 5:45 AM. Sounds right.

Well, who knows, maybe if I wake up at 4 AM some day, I can manage to succecfully accpet inviation of this kind.

Thanks, Upwork. 

🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Filip, 

I'm sorry to know you were not able to register for the dinner in Belgrade. There should be a waitlist for the event, and if it's activated, please sign-up on the waitlist. In case another user cancels their registration, you will be notified, and be sent a ticket for the event. 

Let me know if there is no waitlist option for this event so that I can get in touch with the team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Filip, 

I'm sorry to know you were not able to register for the dinner in Belgrade. There should be a waitlist for the event, and if it's activated, please sign-up on the waitlist. In case another user cancels their registration, you will be notified, and be sent a ticket for the event. 

Let me know if there is no waitlist option for this event so that I can get in touch with the team.

~ Avery
Upwork

It happened a week ago or so... 

I was just amused the email was received at 5 AM and all seats were taken at 5:40 AM or so. 

I've instantly imagined ten freelancers in pijamas frantically waiting to reserve an Upwork dinner.

The email was an invitation with a large green Save Seat button. When I clicked on it, I was informed all seats were taken. In the 40 minutes period in early morning.

Maybe this was a popular event among early risers.

Same thing happened to me when I bought tickets to the new Star Wars movie, coming out on December 19 in my area.

The tickets to the first screening in the theater closest to me were ALMOST sold out a half hour after they were made available in the early morning. This was over a month before the movie was to be released. By the time I looked, there were only six seats left... seats designated as wheelchair accessible and companion seats to wheelchair accessible.

It looks like Upwork dinner is as popular as Star Wars.

Usual story with upwork... too many freelancers, not enough jobs/dinner places.

There is enough of work, I would say. Not for all of us, though.

But there will never be enough of Upwork's free dinners. 

😄 😄 😄

Preston H wrote:

Maybe this was a popular event among early risers.

Same thing happened to me when I bought tickets to the new Star Wars movie, coming out on December 19 in my area.

The tickets to the first screening in the theater closest to me were ALMOST sold out a half hour after they were made available in the early morning. This was over a month before the movie was to be released. By the time I looked, there were only six seats left... seats designated as wheelchair accessible and companion seats to wheelchair accessible.

It looks like Upwork dinner is as popular as Star Wars.

Maybe this was a popular event among early risers. I'm dying. 🙂

😄 😄 😄 

Good one, Preston 🙂

Also, you can't realy compare Star Wars film to an Upwork's dinner. Well, maybe you can compare the Upwork dinner with the last Start Wars film (I was snorring half way through the film). Oh well, the previouss one too. And the one before was junk actually. Hmm, you are right. We can compare them after all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members