🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Great platform, lacks in 2 things according t...
Page options
sahilkmittal
Community Member

Great platform, lacks in 2 things according to me

Hi,
Upwork is great platform to work as a freelancer, but there are few things which according to me should be corrected.

1. Freelancer pay to apply for jobs. One individual apply for almost 15-20 jobs or sometimes more to get hired for one. That costs the freelancer around 10 dollars. After that upwork charges 20% fee. 20% is too much. That discourages newbies like me. Further it charges 1 dollar to withdrawal money.

2. There are clients who posts job and never turn up some are verified and some of them have very good reviews too from other freelancers. Still they feel alright to keep it open for months and that doesn't effect their rating. I guess when a client posts a job there should be a section where client should mention the time period in between which client will hire someone for the task and if that doesn't happen connects should be refunded back to freelancers. That way noone will be in loss.

Somehow upwork policies are more in favour of clients rather than freelancers. There should be some implementations to make it more beneficial for freelancer or just say to make it balanced and fair for everyone.
1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Sahil Kumar,

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts on the changes to connects.

Our goal is to help professional freelancers like you win more jobs. With paid Connects we expect freelancers will submit fewer proposals, increasing your likelihood of winning projects and making it easier for clients to identify high-quality talent. Before making this decision, we weighed many options and seek advice and input from freelancers and clients who use Upwork. In the end, we decided this was the best way to help professional freelancers win more projects. 

Submitting a proposal has a financial cost, just like the other expenses you incur as a freelancer running your own business. If a client never hires but doesn’t close the job, your Connects are not returned. In this situation, we continue to encourage the client to hire or close the job, but ask that you consider the cost of Connects as part of your business expenses.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members